1. #1
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training
    EkHatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Whey and creatine

    Does Whey and Creatine actually work? Is there any members on here who trained with no whey or creatine and then after a while moved onto taking whey and creatine and noticed an improvment?


    I'm just wondering as i've read loads recent and some people say not to waste money on supps at all and to spend it more on stuff like real meat and food.


    Your thoughts guys? Thanks
    Likes Ox 51 liked this post
     

  2. #2
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Board Certified MD
    Ox 51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,152
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    149
    Rep Power
    2147488809

    Default

    I like them both. I use whey all the time, you need lots of protein to build muscle. And I cycle on and off of creatine and I notice a difference when I'm using it. My muscles stay fuller when I'm on creatine.
    Likes EkHatch liked this post
     
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"

    Ronnie Coleman
    Mr. Olympia

  3. #3
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Board Certified MD
    drtbear1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,953
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    231
    Rep Power
    2147488604

    Default

    There has been more research on Creatine than any other supplement. It works. You need to drink plenty of water when you take it and it will keep your muscle saturated with fluid.
    Likes Ox 51, EkHatch liked this post
     
    Get It Done!

  4. #4
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Board Certified MD
    Ox 51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Down South
    Age
    41
    Posts
    5,152
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    149
    Rep Power
    2147488809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drtbear1967 View Post
    There has been more research on Creatine than any other supplement. It works. You need to drink plenty of water when you take it and it will keep your muscle saturated with fluid.
    Exactly, creatine expands the capacity in your muscle cells for water, or some such scientific stuff. It keeps you in that nice pumped feeling, even when you haven't lifted that day.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weight!"

    Ronnie Coleman
    Mr. Olympia

  5. #5
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EkHatch View Post
    Does Whey and Creatine actually work? Is there any members on here who trained with no whey or creatine and then after a while moved onto taking whey and creatine and noticed an improvment?


    I'm just wondering as i've read loads recent and some people say not to waste money on supps at all and to spend it more on stuff like real meat and food.


    Your thoughts guys? Thanks
    The stuff youve read is true, real food/meats come before supplements. i see supplements as being there for convenience.
     

  6. #6
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training
    EkHatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ox 51 View Post
    I like them both. I use whey all the time, you need lots of protein to build muscle. And I cycle on and off of creatine and I notice a difference when I'm using it. My muscles stay fuller when I'm on creatine.
    Cool, man! I read alot of creatine feedbacks and many people notice gains and power increasing after this. (but of course some of people say it's just a waste of money) Thank you

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by drtbear1967 View Post
    There has been more research on Creatine than any other supplement. It works. You need to drink plenty of water when you take it and it will keep your muscle saturated with fluid.
    Thanks too! I think this tip will be useful for me
    Likes Ox 51, drtbear1967 liked this post
     

  7. #7
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Board Certified MD
    drtbear1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,953
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    231
    Rep Power
    2147488604

    Default

    Don't go out and spend a ton on the fancy creatine, get the old monohydrate version. Still think it is the best. IMO
    Likes MrSuccess, EkHatch liked this post
     
    Get It Done!

  8. #8
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    5
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yes they work.

    If you can get all your protein and creatine needs from real foods, then fair enough. You have to have some appetite to do that though.

    If you can't (like most of us) then use protein shakes and creatine to make up the difference.

    Protein supplementation and creatine are two supplements that actually are beneficial. Most other supplements are absolute crap.
    Likes EkHatch liked this post
     

  9. #9
    MuscleChemistry Newbie Residency Training
    EkHatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    8
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    0
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drtbear1967 View Post
    Don't go out and spend a ton on the fancy creatine, get the old monohydrate version. Still think it is the best. IMO
    Yeah, i'm asking about monohydrate. I know that other creatine versions is just a waste of money.



    Thanks a lot guys i appreciate your help
    Likes drtbear1967 liked this post
     

  10. #10
    Musclechemistry Site Representative Board Certified MD
    drtbear1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    4,953
    M-Chem Coin = $1
    231
    Rep Power
    2147488604

    Default

    Good Deal.
    Get It Done!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in