Big Ramy Clears the Air with Bob Cicherillo on Retirement Calls

Muscle Insider

Egyptian bodybuilder Mamdouh ‘Big Ramy’ Elssbiay is on a mission to redeem himself after slipping at the 2022 Mr. Olympia. In a recent video posted on YouTube, Ramy cleared the air with IFBB Pro League athletes’ representative Bob Cicherillo regarding the criticism he received after getting dethroned and his plans ahead.
Former two-time Mr. Olympia Big Ramy has been a regular feature of the Men’s Open division since 2013. He turned heads with his freakish muscle mass and size that overwhelmed many mass monsters in the category. He scored gold at the 2013 New York Pro and retained his title in 2014 while working his way up the ranks. In 2020, Ramy secured his maiden Sandow trophy by dethroning Brandon Curry. He added the second title under his belt at the 2021 Mr. Olympia.
Last season, Big Ramy was looking to extend his lead at the top as he went up against a crop of new talent and proven contenders at the 2022 Mr. Olympia. Ultimately, it was Hadi Choopan who knocked Ramy off the throne. Ramy suffered a setback and dropped down to the fifth place.
There was speculation about the possibility of an injury plaguing Ramy on stage in Las Vegas. Ramy did not let the result hold him back as he signed up for the 2023 Arnold Classic. He underwent stem cell treatment in preparation for the show. Dr. Khan reported positive findings after the treatment and expected Ramy to do better in Ohio.
Big Ramy at 2022 Olympia
His coach Chad Nicholls admitted the Olympia prep did not go according to plan. While he entered the event confident, a series of challenges halted the pair from bringing their best form.
Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler extended his support for Ramy last month. He lauded Ramy for his impressive package and backed him to potentially pull off a triumphant comeback. In the end, Ramy slotted in fourth place at the 2023 Arnold Classic.
Bob Cicherillo counted out Ramy’s chances in the sport aftiner the outcome last month. He stressed the need for Ramy to completely transform his whole physique if he wanted to get back in the judges’ good graces. However, he expressed doubts about the prospect. He doubled down on his take days later when he called on Ramy to step on the sidelines.
The 38-year-old issued a fiery message aimed at the critics who suggested he hang up his posing trunks. He made it clear he was in the game to stay and will not be leaving anytime soon.
Big Ramy clears the air with Bob Cicherillo on calls for retirement

In a recent YouTube video, Big Ramy made peace with Bob Cicherillo in light of their differences regarding his career.
“I hear many things. If somebody can’t give the game 100 percent,” said Ramy. “We have many things in the sport we can do not only the state, but we can support the sport of many things else. But me and Bob agree I can do that if my body responds.”
Ramy faced backlash for missing the guest-posing appearance at the 2022 Pittsburgh Pro. He confirmed he’d be at this year’s edition a few weeks ago and teased the anticipated showing when asked about his road to the 2023 Mr. Olympia.
“Maybe in Pittsburgh. Jim offered me to come, being the biggest name in the sport. When you close to him, he’s a great person and supports everyone and I never think I can do disrespect for any reason. Last year what happened, I really feel bad because I miss this show. It’s important for me because I respect this game and the fans.”
Cicherillo believes Ramy is past his best days and argued against giving him false hope about potentially reclaiming the Olympia title.
Ramy may not possess the package that won him the coveted Sandow trophy but he’s ready to give it his all in hopes of adding to his glittering resume.
You can watch the full video below.

Published: 16 April, 2023 | 12:53 PM EDT

Egyptian bodybuilder Mamdouh ‘Big Ramy’ Elssbiay is on a mission to redeem himself after slipping at the 2022 Mr. Olympia. In a recent video posted on YouTube, Ramy cleared the air with IFBB Pro League athletes’ representative Bob Cicherillo regarding the criticism he received after getting dethroned and his plans ahead.

Former two-time Mr. Olympia Big Ramy has been a regular feature of the Men’s Open division since 2013. He turned heads with his freakish muscle mass and size that overwhelmed many mass monsters in the category. He scored gold at the 2013 New York Pro and retained his title in 2014 while working his way up the ranks. In 2020, Ramy secured his maiden Sandow trophy by dethroning Brandon Curry. He added the second title under his belt at the 2021 Mr. Olympia.

Last season, Big Ramy was looking to extend his lead at the top as he went up against a crop of new talent and proven contenders at the 2022 Mr. Olympia. Ultimately, it was Hadi Choopan who knocked Ramy off the throne. Ramy suffered a setback and dropped down to the fifth place.

There was speculation about the possibility of an injury plaguing Ramy on stage in Las Vegas. Ramy did not let the result hold him back as he signed up for the 2023 Arnold Classic. He underwent stem cell treatment in preparation for the show. Dr. Khan reported positive findings after the treatment and expected Ramy to do better in Ohio.

Big-Ramy-at-2022-Olympia.jpg
Big Ramy at 2022 Olympia
His coach Chad Nicholls admitted the Olympia prep did not go according to plan. While he entered the event confident, a series of challenges halted the pair from bringing their best form.

Bodybuilding legend Jay Cutler extended his support for Ramy last month. He lauded Ramy for his impressive package and backed him to potentially pull off a triumphant comeback. In the end, Ramy slotted in fourth place at the 2023 Arnold Classic.

Bob Cicherillo counted out Ramy’s chances in the sport aftiner the outcome last month. He stressed the need for Ramy to completely transform his whole physique if he wanted to get back in the judges’ good graces. However, he expressed doubts about the prospect. He doubled down on his take days later when he called on Ramy to step on the sidelines.

The 38-year-old issued a fiery message aimed at the critics who suggested he hang up his posing trunks. He made it clear he was in the game to stay and will not be leaving anytime soon.

Big Ramy clears the air with Bob Cicherillo on calls for retirement

In a recent YouTube video, Big Ramy made peace with Bob Cicherillo in light of their differences regarding his career.

“I hear many things. If somebody can’t give the game 100 percent,” said Ramy. “We have many things in the sport we can do not only the state, but we can support the sport of many things else. But me and Bob agree I can do that if my body responds.”

[/quote]
Ramy faced backlash for missing the guest-posing appearance at the 2022 Pittsburgh Pro. He confirmed he’d be at this year’s edition a few weeks ago and teased the anticipated showing when asked about his road to the 2023 Mr. Olympia.

“Maybe in Pittsburgh. Jim offered me to come, being the biggest name in the sport. When you close to him, he’s a great person and supports everyone and I never think I can do disrespect for any reason. Last year what happened, I really feel bad because I miss this show. It’s important for me because I respect this game and the fans.”

[/quote]
Cicherillo believes Ramy is past his best days and argued against giving him false hope about potentially reclaiming the Olympia title.

Ramy may not possess the package that won him the coveted Sandow trophy but he’s ready to give it his all in hopes of adding to his glittering resume.

You can watch the full video below.

Published: 16 April, 2023 | 12:53 PM EDT

Click here to view the article.

Back