Bodybuilders in different eras

Ox 51

Musclechemistry Guru
Have you guys ever wondered how different bodybuilders would have fared had they competed in different eras?

How would Arnold look if he were 25 today? With today's equipment and gear, how huge would he be?

How would Ronnie Coleman have looked training in the 70's?

Have you guys ever wondered how different bodybuilders would have fared had they competed in different eras?

How would Arnold look if he were 25 today? With today's equipment and gear, how huge would he be?

How would Ronnie Coleman have looked training in the 70's?

This would be a hard one to answer .. But I don't think Arnold would be as big as a star today as he was back in the day.. Just because there are to many guys wanting to be the man !!! I think he had the drive to be the best at wat everything he did and I think he would won some shows but not all of them lol !!

I don't think Arnold then would look good with the guys now, but it's really like comparing apples to oranges. I think his whole look would be different if he were 25 now

I don't think Arnold then would look good with the guys now, but it's really like comparing apples to oranges. I think his whole look would be different if he were 25 now

thats why he said if he had todays equipment and gear too

thats why he said if he had todays equipment and gear too

Exactly! If Arnold could train using today's knowledge, equipment, gear, and everything else they didn't have available in the 70's...how huge would he be?

he has used todays gear...you dont think he used GH and and other drugs bodybuilders use when getting ready for movies?....of course not in the same high doses but im sure he has used it all by now

he has used todays gear...you dont think he used GH and and other drugs bodybuilders use when getting ready for movies?....of course not in the same high doses but im sure he has used it all by now

He's in his 60's now. I said if he was 25 today, how would he look? What is so hard for you guys to understand?

I don't know if the equipment would make any difference at all, but the gear and knowledge on it would probably be what makes the difference

Although I agree the gear we have today is more advanced and more potent that the 70's, equating to better gains, I'm pretty old school when it comes to equipment. I admit I do like some of the new gadgets that come with todays gyms but all in all, I still like the older machines, maybe from not the 70's but from a decade and a half ago.

That being said, Arnold would fare OK giving his genetics, but would likely get beat by some of the monsters we are turning out today

i understood the question compeletly....you dont think in the late 80 and early 90's when he was in his late 30s early 40's he was using all the shit haney had accesible to him? of course he was just for a differernt purpose

i understood the question compeletly....you dont think in the late 80 and early 90's when he was in his late 30s early 40's he was using all the shit haney had accesible to him? of course he was just for a differernt purpose

Okay, I see what you are saying. I'm sure he was still using, but he wasn't really training like a bodybuilder in those days. When he came back for the '80 Olympia, he was already a shadow of his former self. But, if he were training like he was in '75 using todays stuff, I'd love to see how he looked.

i belive Arnie strived for perfection instead of shere super size. i dont think he would have even gone the distance that jay has

Okay, I see what you are saying. I'm sure he was still using, but he wasn't really training like a bodybuilder in those days. When he came back for the '80 Olympia, he was already a shadow of his former self. But, if he were training like he was in '75 using todays stuff, I'd love to see how he looked.

yes i would love to see that as well.....but it is also a double edged sword..look at how many guys looked great when they turned pro only to ruin their physique with too many drugs and too high doses trying to play the mass game...for all we know arnold could have ruined his physique taking that much GH and other drugs

yes i would love to see that as well.....but it is also a double edged sword..look at how many guys looked great when they turned pro only to ruin their physique with too many drugs and too high doses trying to play the mass game...for all we know arnold could have ruined his physique taking that much GH and other drugs

Yea, he may have ruined it, but he had Weider by his side through everything and I don't think Joe would've allowed him to get crazy and look terrible.

Back