Cutting Cycle

dreww

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Im going to be keeping a log of my cutting cycle. This "journal" will have a few purposes. One, for other members to read and learn from, as well as comment and give suggestions. Its also to keep myself on target, as Im not preparing for a show or anything, but having to come and type that I cheated on eating, missed a workout, etc. is more motivating then simply doing it for myself.

I'll post my calorie/macronutrient, as well as training (DC). Lets get up to date:
Im only about 2.5 weeks in. Unlike some, I dont see drastic changes in my bodycomposition but also refrain from drastic diet changes. In the last 2.5 weeks, my weight has remained stable despite calories decreasing from 4100 to 3850. Its about 218lbs on avg.

Been doing DC training for last 2.5 weeks as well. I missed my last workout day on Wednesday. I had a cheat day (normal) on Wednesday. its usually a pizza. "cheat" meals will disappear the last 6-10 weeks of the diet. I'll post my workouts...should have one tomorrow. But dont expect any impressive numbers like these other guys put up. :D

Last edited:
Im with you on refraining from drastic diet changes. I like to give myself time to
tighten up in gradual steps. Just seems less stressful. I'm going to read up on
that DC (not familar w/it) training. I'll be interested in your progress. Good idea
to make it public - a little more pressure to stay on track.

Definitely. If I take my time dieting and only make minor changes to my diet whenever I need it, it seems I end up at a low bf% while still taking in a good amount of calories. Good luck dreww, you've got me subscribed.

Your missing tren in the cycle which imho is a MUST for cutting. This androgen will cut your bf% down while holding onto muscle and works synergistically with T3.

da_Fonz said:
Your missing tren in the cycle which imho is a MUST for cutting. This androgen will cut your bf% down while holding onto muscle and works synergistically with T3.

well, thats not the entire cycle. I will be adding NPP/Masteron/winny the last 6 weeks or so. But I didn't post that cause Im not currently on it.

I have used tren before and likes its effects. But my body also likes deca (more than tren) and NPP is cheaper (by alot!) and Ive never used it before so why not? Never used masteron either. I hope/plan to be near 9-10% bf when I start using those AAS. Im maybe 15% now.

DC training - B1 (I wont put warm up sets or stretches...they are a given)

bicep curl machine 90lbs. 8+2+1=11 (didn't realize I was looking at the wrong set from last week and used way too much weight. )
Hammer DB Curls 25lb. 11+6+3=20
Stand Calve Machine 210lbs 12 reps
Lying Leg Curl (normal one was broken and used another but gave up since it was so uncomfortable. But did still warm up and attempted to use it)
Hacks 230lbs. 8 reps
90lbs. 20 reps WM

*macros are: 357p 405c 90f*

a before pic: http://board1.mantisforums.com/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=6809

Last edited:
A2
wide iso-chest press 200lb 8+3+2=13 (static hold)
machine military press 110lb 9+5+2=16
rope pushdowns 80lb 10+4+3=17 (static hold)
front lat pulldowns 130lbs 10+4+3=17 (static hold)
rack deadlifts 315lbs 15reps

actually having grip problems even with straps. I think its only because its been a few month since Ive done deads. Hopefully my hands adapt again.

haven't got any workouts in. had finals this week (yes, they were early) and had a cheat meal on Wed. night. My appetite has been weak so the cheat meal wasn't really that much and been kinda lethargic. Hopefully it will go away soon and I start cardio next week. one more day of class and Im free to really hit it up.

i did know I would have a slow start as school will always be priority (well, at finals time anyways). other than that, diet is okay and dropped another 100 calories.

I really didn't feel like training today but it had to be done. Still feeling lethargic, appetite is in the shithole again so Im dropping winny at about 3.5 weeks in. I wasnt planning longer then 4 weeks anyways so no big deal. Haven't ate enought calories the past 4 days but almost got them all in today. I also didn't get all of the "right" exercises in as I had to workout at home.

B2
seated DB curl 30lb 9+3+2=14
seated DB wrist curls 25lb 10+4+3=17
standing rack calve raises 225lb 10 + 20 sec negative/stretch
stiff leg DL's 95lb 10+5+4=19
squats 315lb 7
135lb 20

think the appetite is coming back now that the winny is out. calories at 3,650 or so. The last 2 exercises were reversed because some douches were sitting on the only 2 pullup machines in the gym.

A3
machine bench press 200lb 8+3+2=13 (static hold)
smith military press 80lb 7+3+2=12 (static hold)
reverse grip smith bench 110lb 8+3+2=13 (static hold)
deadlift 315lb 12
pullup machine 130lb 8+3+3=14

*BTW, when I put "static hold", it could also be called a negative. Cause I dont really hold the weight after im that spent. I just try to control it from crashing down.

Last edited:
started cardio today. 30minutes. Any recommendations on cardio? Also went to the lake and burnt some calories out there.

I think I might go back to HIT style cardio as it seems to work better. Also had my cheat day. Legs tomorrow.

B3
seated/preacher bb curls 65lbs 10+4+2=16 (SH)
bb wrist curls olympic bar only 9+5+4=18
legpress calf raises 200lbs 12reps
high leg press 360lbs 10+5+4=19
leg press 630lbs 8 reps
wm set 360lbs 15 reps

im starting to appear leaner according to the mirror. Waist size hasn't moved much but thats the last place I lost fat by experience. Arms and legs leaning out more.

forearm work are straight sets. not rest paused. also sldl, andsumo leg press are not rest paused either. i believe sldl is 11-20 ss, ans sumos are 15-25 ss.

DB006 said:
forearm work are straight sets. not rest paused. also sldl, andsumo leg press are not rest paused either. i believe sldl is 11-20 ss, ans sumos are 15-25 ss.

thx. but leg curl is still rest paused?

A1
Incline smith bench 65lbs per side 9+3+2=14
DB military press 50lbs db's 8+4+2=14
skullcrushers 60lb bar 9+3+3=15
pulldown to back 140lbs 8+4+2=14
bb rows 115lbs 18reps

holding about 215lbs right now.

B1
curl machine 75lbs 10+4+3=17 RP
hammer curls 25lbs 12 reps (I do these slow like the rep/pause exercises, if not I wont feel it where I need to. I will just hit the biceps/shoulder more)
hack calf raise 110lbs 10 reps
SLDL 70lbs Barbell 20 reps (Had to replace legcurl with this, the gym legcurl is out of order, apparently it takes 2 freaking months to fix the only one in the gym :rolleyes: )
Hacksquat 270lbs. 9 reps
*wm 90lbs. 20 reps

you guys dont count the hack or leg press platforms as weight do you??? I know we do count the 45lbs the olympic freebar adds. I heard the legpress plate is 75lbs alone, but I never add that.

about 213lbs. now.

Last edited:
mikeswift said:
Nice journal bro, how's the cycle and the appetite going?
appetite is good since I dropped the winstrol. just starting to feel the test after almost 5 weeks. But its cyp/enan mixed with an even longer ester and only 400mg/wk. Thats like maybe 300/wk (probably more like 250) after esters are considered. Really a weakass cycle.

A2
wide-iso press 200lbs. 10+3+2=15 (SH)
machine military press 120lb 8+3+2=13
rope pushdowns 90lb 8+3+3=13 (static hold)
front lat pulldowns 140lbs 8+3+2=13 (static hold)
rack deadlifts 365lbs 7reps
225lbs 12 reps

weights still going up, despite bodyweight/calories going down. I hope the momentum continues.
will be adding abs to the A days in the future.

just cardio today. was definitely more intense than cardio last week. Dropped a notch in my belt and my work slacks are loose (they are usually always tight despite 36 being loose on all my other pants). had my cheat meal on thursday.
next weekend I will have my last real cheat day and enjoy the memorial weekend. Then its all carb up days only, starting at one per week. then moving up to 2 if I get lean enough.

I will start NPP when I get back, run it 20 days, and then add mast/winny as well the last 40 days. I was gonna order more, but my guy was out of stock, the money got reserved for other bills, and I dont think I will need it anymore.

Only dropped 80 calories this week, and all dairy is out of my diet (minus any dairy type proteins in my powders)

B2
seated DB curl 30lb. db's 11+3+2=16
seated DB wrist curls 25lb db's 12
seated calve raises 100lbs. 11 reps (+ 20 sec negative/stretch)
seated leg curl machine 140lb 11+5+3=19
squats 325lb x 7 reps (this matches my PB when I was bulking and on more gear)
155lb x 20 reps

Good job on matchin your pb on the squat. How long do you wait between that set and your widow maker?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back