Cutting Cycle

cardio yesterday HIT style. I dropped 200 calories this week as well, just forgot to put that in the journal the other day. Macronutrients: 297-protein, 198-carbs, 70-fat. Starting to be real flat all the time. cant wait for carb-up day.

A1
Incline smith bench 145lbs + Bar 9+3+2=14 (sh)
DB military press 60lbs db's 9+3+2=14 (sh)
skullcrushers 70lb bar 9+3+2=12 (sh)
pulldown to back 150lbs 10+4+3=17 (sh)
bb rows 145lbs 10reps
weighted crunches: 10lbs. 8+4=12

cardio on tuesday. actually used an inclined treadmill for walking....30min

today:
B1
curl machine 90lbs 10+3+2=15 RP
hammer curls 25lbs 16 reps (only got one extra rep)
hack calf raise 140lbs 11 reps
SLDL 100lbs Barbell 15 reps
Hacksquat 310lbs. 7 reps (new PB)
*wm 140lbs. 20 reps

A2
wide-iso press 230lbs. 10+3+2=15 (SH)
machine military press 140lb 7+3+1=11 (SH)
rope pushdowns 100lb 8+3+2=13 (SH)
front lat pulldowns 150lbs 9+4+2=15 (SH) - form getting a little shakey
rack deadlifts 425lbs 8reps
335lbs 12 reps

grip was giving out on the deadlifts. I need new straps and im sweating more and more so that doesnt help. the t3 has really got my metabolism going. Im a human furnace. weight is below 205lbs now. Its really dropping like I knew it would when I went sub 3K calories a day.

203LBS. this afternoon. had a cheat meal on monday. I ate a pizza. Surprisingly I got full quicker than usual. When bulking one large pizza by myself is no problem. Of course, I spilled over BAD and am just now getting rid of the water. cardio was upped to 4day/ week though.
cardio on the 2nd, weights on the 3rd, cardio again HIT style today.

B2
seated DB curl 35lb. db's 9+3+2=14 (SH) - no gain
seated DB wrist curls 30lb db's 13 reps
seated calve raises 125lbs. 10 reps (+ 20 sec negative/stretch)
lying leg curl machine 90lb 9+3+3=15
squats 355lb x 2 reps*
185lb x 17 reps

looks like squats is out. I didnt think I would drop a compound exercise first but squats have never been my best exercise. I tried going deeper today but Im just maxed on squats. I will switch to smith squats next time. Im not a fan of these either, but am going to try something new so hopefully these wont kill my back. My gym has two smiths so hopefully one will be "ergonomically" designed for me.

Last edited:
Took a day off today. I wasn't "feeling" the gym today but thats not new feeling this depeleted. I was gonna go anyways (my trueprotein order arrived!) but I pulled a muscle in my back in the kitchen next to my spine. Like the very bottom on the trapezius muscle.

What was I doing? Nothing in particular or stressing. The same thing Im usually doing when I pull something. My lower back has been hurting and I guess its goods I pulled it this afternoon, INSTEAD of in the middle of my 400lb+ deadlifts thats were scheduled for today.

Calories are at about 2,430. 280pro, 174carb, 66fat. Im actually eating a little more than this from condiments that will be cut next week. No diet changes this week.

cardio on July 6th, weights (below) on the 7th, and took the 8th off again. Still holding about 203lbs. I must be in ketosis, even at almost 200carbs a day, because my urine smells pretty bad and strong. Also, Im drinking a ton of water trying to keep it from being darker in color. I lowered the t3 from 100mcg+/day back to about 80. I think that and the low calories have finally taken their toll strength wise...see below.

A3
machine bench press 230lb 8+3+2=13 (static hold)
smith military press 95lb + bar 8+2+2=12 (static hold)
reverse grip smith bench 125lb + bar 7+2+2=11 (static hold)
pullup machine 110lb 8+3+2=13 (static hold)
deadlift 425lb 4reps *

*lost a few reps on the deadlift. I felt that I was strong enough, but that I couldn't keep my breath. I think the T3 might something to do with it, hence dropping the dosage.

Also starting 2 "refeed" days this week. Medium carb intake, but all clean. Im hoping this will help keep me from crashing out the next 3 or so weeks of dieting and maybe spark the metabolism enough to get the last bit of fat, desperately holding on my sides.

also, the new isolate and waxy maize post workout drink was noticeably better on the bloat and indigestion than my previous cocktail. Still a little indigestion though. Anyone think "hydrolized" whey might help this more?

Last edited:
been doing cardio on all my non-weight training days

well, I had to workout at home today. I dont really have a legpress/hack machine (yet anyways) and did squats last time for the "B" routine. So I did A1. That means I got a little catching up to do to get back on track. But some training is better than none. I will also be DC 'cruising' for a week probably. The days off helped alot, but its definitely still cruising time.

A1 *cruising phase*
Incline barbell bench 155lbs x9
DB military press 60lbs db's X9
skullcrushers 60lb + bar x7
partial body pullups (had not pulldown machines)
bb rows 145lbs 13reps

I forgot some stretches. I only stretched after the first two exercises.
had a bad night and went out drinking. Had alot (in most peoples eyes), but of course didn't get sick or anything. Woke up VERY dry. No surprise there.

Back