FLU Vacinne Not effective

Powderguy

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
So I'm posting this because I have been down for a couple weeks with the FLU. Its what I get for going into town and going to the mall. It could have been worse with illegals bring in measles, smallpox, and rubella. I had a flu shot, and when I did my new appointment at the VA the forgot I had one and gave me another one, oops. So I should have been protected, so then I get the FLU WTF?
I go to the Doc yesterday where he tells me the FLU shot is only 23% effective because the flu strains are always changing! So Wtf is the point, I ran 104 degree temps, coughed my ass off, lost 10lbs and was dehydrated no matter what I drank or how much. Worst shit ever and I have been immunized against Anthrax (prior Military).

So do you think its worth getting a flu shot or not?

Oh and sorry for my absence, this cold was very brutal on me. The Dr said good thing I was in good shape or my body may not have been able to handle it at my age.

The best way to avoid getting the flu is to stay as far away as you can from someone who has the flu. It is amazing how many people who are sick will go out to public places and cough and spread their germs to other people. A month ago there was a guy in the gym that was sick with the flu. As soon as he got near me I left before finishing my workout. It is better to miss a workout than get sick. In the last week I have seen sick people in Wallmart, Barnes and Noble, and other stores I was in. They could care less if they get other people sick. Too bad there isn't some kind of quarantine law that would restrict your movement if you caught the flu.
At the end of World War l, there was an influenza pandemic. It killed 20 million people worldwide. That was more than died in the war.

All good brother just hope your getting better and soon. Yuck, I never have gotten a flu shot and haven't had the flu :knocks on wood: in about 5 or 6 years. My sister also got the flu shot this year and got the flu about a month ago. Best way is to stay away from people, my friend has 6 kids4 of them go to different schools, their family is sick all the time. I am not envious of that.

Getting better slowly, find myself sleeping a lot.
Im always so damn thirsty lol

I got the Flu vaccine once in my life and I got the Flu. Its been almost 20 years since I last got that shot and I've not gotten the Flu since. I rarely get sick more than a sniffle here and there. Nothing that some over the counter medicine cant get me through.

Back