Anyone know much about chainsaws?

Boomer

I need a chainsaw to clear some land I bought I have about 30-40 trees to cut ranging from 6inch to the largest tree which is about 16inch in diameter.

After chopping these tree I won't really be needing it anymore.

A friend had a brand new ryobi 40cc which he is willing to sell to me for $100.
Are ryobi any good?

I know stihl and huskvana are good but expensive.

What do u think?

Do your self a favor and get a stihl. Husky is good too. With that many tree's I wouldn"t mess with a home-owner special

yeah that alot of trees, U will prolly need to change/or sharpen chain somewhere between start and finish

yeah that alot of trees, U will prolly need to change/or sharpen chain somewhere between start and finish
he'll be straight if he can keep the chain off rocks and out of the dirt. Thats what dulls em out the fastest

I worked with saws for half my life, in your case, just rent a stilh 045 for you and a buddy, get the grill going have wifey cook some burgers and start making a mess. I mean, are you really gonna use a heavy saw again that you spend the money on? You could always buy a rebuild/used one from a local store that offers them and go that route. You wont need anything with a crazy big bar, just some serious CC power, 18-20 inch as all you'll need on bar size.

I have to vote for the Stihl too. I have one with an 18 inch bar and I believe 56cc. It is a beast. I agree with Eat'n Big, rent one, make a mess and be done with it.

yeah go with the stihl but make sure you know how to handle it...
those things will take a leg off like it's nothing

def rent one, they dont have to be huge (ie a long chain bar), you just need to be smart about the cuts you make (several, and opposing sides, make wedge cuts to drop the tree) after that h8tr3d said keep it outta the dirt and rocks, follow that to a tee. and enjoy choppin shit up, just be careful for kickbacks

Back