Belts

Zeus

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Gold Member
Ok so how many of you where a belt when you workout? I have never wore a belt nor do I ever plan to. I tried it once and it felt like it was hampering me more than helping. Didn't like it at all.....

Ok so how many of you where a belt when you workout? I have never wore a belt nor do I ever plan to. I tried it once and it felt like it was hampering me more than helping. Didn't like it at all.....

I wear a 13mm Inzer lever belt for heavy squats and deads. It is by far the best belt I've ever owned.

Working out with a belt and without a belt is totally different. If you are in the gym to tone your muscles, you dont need a belt for this.

If you wanted to build muscles and you going to push yourself to the limit, do it with a belt. Obviously you need to do it right. Not too tight till you can hardly breath. :)

I wear a 13mm Inzer lever belt for heavy squats and deads. It is by far the best belt I've ever owned.

John told me that the lever belt will hurt a lot so he sent me a normal belt. I still use my harbinger belt...the power lifting belt hurts my side and it doesn't put pressure on my back so it could keep my back straight.

I use it for deadlifting and that's it

BTW I don't do squats-use to when I did though

aside from those two movements don't see the advantage unless you have an injury

I use to wear a leather Cardillo belt, it was a great belt and i used it when squatting heavy or doing anything heavy for that matter. I believe it helped a whole lot! I just think its a bad idea when you see guys wearing the belt throughout their entire workout, and wearing it for shit you dont need to wear a belt for.

I am pretty sure when its over used that it weakens your back and abdominal muscle, and you become dependant on the belt which is not good especialy when u decidee to not wear it or forget to bring it the gym and you then try doing same shit u did with the belt and this is when injury occur!

So I am an advocate of wearing a belt when lifting heavy! But oppose wearing a belt for every little exercise you do, thats no good!

I wear a belt when i do heavy deads and squats it helps me alot. I used an Inzer belt and pulled 500 on dead befor my best was like 475. I think a good belt can put 25 to 30 pounds on ur squat and deadlift.

i wear the thick belt from TLF

only use it when lifting anything heavy... squats, bicep curls, deads etc

I use to wear a leather Cardillo belt, it was a great belt and i used it when squatting heavy or doing anything heavy for that matter. I believe it helped a whole lot! I just think its a bad idea when you see guys wearing the belt throughout their entire workout, and wearing it for shit you dont need to wear a belt for.

I am pretty sure when its over used that it weakens your back and abdominal muscle, and you become dependant on the belt which is not good especialy when u decidee to not wear it or forget to bring it the gym and you then try doing same shit u did with the belt and this is when injury occur!

So I am an advocate of wearing a belt when lifting heavy! But oppose wearing a belt for every little exercise you do, thats no good!

100% agreed...that's why I only wear them for deadlifts

I still only use one for deads and barbell rows. I'm not really squatting enough to need one there.

Back