BENCH PRESS MAX

pushed 385 easily six weeks ago and gave 405 a ride but not quite. Am looking for a 440 w/ a shirt in my first meet in Feb.

never juiced either.

madchemist36 said:

hey hey bro calm down. all said was it doesn't matter how much you lift. and power lifters cannot be ripped as fuk. you know why because the will do anything to lift heavy because that is their goal but us bb's we care about the looks so we go on low carb diets to get ripped. and there is no way u can be a power lifter and be on a low carb diet. but one thing you said that was correct was that they are big. i didnt say fat but just that they are not ripped to bone like we are during the season.

Agree with you a little bit but there are alot more powerlifters out there than just the superheavies bro. I know several powerliftters that go on low carb cycle to cut down so that they can make weight.
I will going to be doing this come Jan. to cut down to compete in the 242 pound class in Feb. Lowering my carbs is the only way I know how to drop ten to fifteen pounds without losing muscle. There is a fine line that all powerlifters other than the super heavies seek: to be as light as possible and lift as heavy as possible.

Not trying to start a flame fest or anything jsut wanted to clear up the fact that powerlifters do use carb cutting cycles but jsut not to the extent that bbers use them to reach the ultra low bf levels.

Bump ... last night, I maxed for the first time in 2 years just to see what I could do. I got 350. (In week 10 of first cycle.)

Bigjeremie said:
I did 465 about 8 years ago at 19, and all 100% natural. I have been getting back into it here recently and I fully expect to break the 500 barrier. I am gaining on my bench every week and will soon be over 400 again. All the test helps a little. I also work my legs like a mental patient so I am very proportional. I have always squated near 500 and I can leg press like 18 45's for 3 sets of 10, I have always been scared of getting pinned under the leg press machine, call me crazy.

Big Bastard! I'll catch you soon bro...once I surpass the 300lbs mark, damnit!! I'll see ya Friday!

I don't do barbell bench much, mostly dumbell bench, but got the 115 lbs last night for 3. I'm 170 5'6.

to the guy who said he benched 225 like 35 reps.i thought he was full of shit.then my work out partner got his panties in a twist and he's at 225 for 28 reps now. congrats guys

my best is 520 and a body weight of 312 but the best part was after i maxed i did 315 for 25 then 225 for 40 takign about 5 min rest between and i wasnt on anything. i cant wait till i am cant wait to see what i get then

365 is my best max, i dont max out anymore, though I should get to 405 soon!

Strongest bencher I have ever known is Tommy Errins competes in drug free competitions and benches way over 600 and is the coolest bro you'll ever know.

Who was that well know former bench press champ, cannot remember his name anyway I think he is going after his record.

I'm not sure of my max...I should find out by this summer! I'd say curently about 300lbs for 2-3reps!
I'm 5'7 190lbs!

man I feel so week... mine is at 275 lbs ... PB i did 3 weeks ago while on a 1-ad cycle... down now, sprained sholder 2 weeks ago arm-wrestling!!

OK so I think my bench is weak,too but i hit 315x12, 350x6 and 365x3......I did read that some guy said he could deadlift over 5000lbs...hope that was a typo...lol

Oh yeah, any of you guys who DO deadlift - I'll take you on any day of the week, baby

bigshug said:
OK so I think my bench is weak,too but i hit 315x12, 350x6 and 365x3......I did read that some guy said he could deadlift over 5000lbs...hope that was a typo...lol

Oh yeah, any of you guys who DO deadlift - I'll take you on any day of the week, baby

I'll take that challenge...lol. Name the place! Here's a 700 opener from last year...

Attachments

• goldenear-deadlift.jpg
    goldenear-deadlift.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 55
Back