Bum elbow

I'm just going to back it up a little here and say this... put whatever you want on this to help it heal faster, but time and rest are the two main components for healing. Yes you've had three months off. My guess is you rested during those three months the same way most of us rest.... by leaving out an exercise or two that you feel are the worst. Rest however means rest. No pull downs. No pull ups. No pressing movements. No pulling movements. It means training nothing but legs, and even then making sure you aren't using the injured arm to load weights. Rest is rest, and however long you think it's going to take- it's really going to take about twice that.

I just healed this exact injury. You have to break the tissue up by finding the scarring and manually breakin it up in your elbow. Rub it until the intense pain goes numb(Im not joking). Then ice. Also a weeks course of oral prednisone, then maybe mobic for two more weeks, one a day.

Then here is my best advice. Buy mineral oil and then soak your elbow in it , then wrap it in plastic wrap and then got to sleep at night. Do this until the pain is gone.

Also what has helped me making sure I eat the cartilage and ligaments from any meat I am eating.

T-bar. Normally you would have been right about the rest I took. But honestly I didn't do anything but Cardio and legs. Cardio was hiking and stationary bike, not even an elliptical. Only did legs on machines that didn't require any arm assist. The only thing I did with that elbow, is what they had me do in physical therapy. I even shifted my work schedule to take 2 months off, and hired an extra man to help with the work load. To be honest, I think the Doc missed something in the MRI.

Dean. I tried Mobile, and it didn't work well for me. I am taking Nabumetone 750 2x daily for one week then switch to Indomethacin 25 3x for a week. I can give the oil a shot. I am using DMSO mixed with one of the NSAI above now. I'm trying to give my stomach a break.

Just didn't want you to miss out on that amazing pump. And if you are trying to lose a little bodydat adjust your carbs the rest of the day.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

T-bar. Normally you would have been right about the rest I took. But honestly I didn't do anything but Cardio and legs. Cardio was hiking and stationary bike, not even an elliptical. Only did legs on machines that didn't require any arm assist. The only thing I did with that elbow, is what they had me do in physical therapy. I even shifted my work schedule to take 2 months off, and hired an extra man to help with the work load. To be honest, I think the Doc missed something in the MRI.

You are a better man than me my friend! I'm the worlds worst patient when it comes to following instructions for rest. And it does sound like your doc missed something.

I learned my lesson. I rushed getting active after a auto accident years ago. I pay for it on a weekly basis. Lifting or not.

I learned my lesson. I rushed getting active after a auto accident years ago. I pay for it on a weekly basis. Lifting or not.

Well in that case you're NOT a better man than I am. You're the same exact dude. lol

There's nothing like learning the hard way!

Well fellas... Sorry i have been absent from the site. it looks like there is allot going on, and it will take me a bit of reading to catch up. i have been burning up the road working all over the country. my job requires me to travel all over the US and work crazy long ass hours.

so here it is. i am back! my elbow feels amazing! i have continued taking a .40 dose of IGF and maintaining a pretty clean diet despite all the travel. I have a pretty physically demanding job and i have not missed a day this season. i have rested properly and am feeling damn good. i do feel a slight bit of discomfort on occasion while performing some of my duties. but that is a whole lot better than not being able to perform them at all.

Bottom line. MCIGF-1 is amazing! there is no fucking way i would have been able to do my job safely and still recover in this amount of time.

Big thanks to MC and all its members for all the advice. you are the best!

Well fellas... Sorry i have been absent from the site. it looks like there is allot going on, and it will take me a bit of reading to catch up. i have been burning up the road working all over the country. my job requires me to travel all over the US and work crazy long ass hours.

so here it is. i am back! my elbow feels amazing! i have continued taking a .40 dose of IGF and maintaining a pretty clean diet despite all the travel. I have a pretty physically demanding job and i have not missed a day this season. i have rested properly and am feeling damn good. i do feel a slight bit of discomfort on occasion while performing some of my duties. but that is a whole lot better than not being able to perform them at all.

Bottom line. MCIGF-1 is amazing! there is no fucking way i would have been able to do my job safely and still recover in this amount of time.

good to see you back here brutha! And sounds like your feeling and doing much better!!

Rest is everything

Welcome back. Glad your feeling better.

Catfishlips, I don't know how I missed this thread before! I have experience galore with tendinitis in the elbows. I also used mc igf-1 along with some PT a sportsmedicine orthopedist gave me with great success. Glad you got it sorted out!

Need some advise. I have been dealing with a bad elbow for a few weeks. Was put on a Z pack and it ran my sugar through the roof so I quit that. Anyway, I was doing seated one arm rows last night and my elbow popped. I push through the last few reps but that finished me up for the night. I iced it when I got home and it has been sore today but nothing outrageous. Going to try and do shoulders tonight, just to see what happens. What do you guys think it may have been?

Keep in mind that I am no kind of doctor.

My experience with 'pops' like you describe are:

One time it was a ruptured tendon in my thumb. Really didn't hurt, but lost extension of the thumb. Because it didn't hurt, it never occurred to me that I ruptured a tendon. That ultimately required surgery to resolve.

Another time I was playing in a hockey game. My skate blade got caught in a cut in the ice as I went into the corner hard, fighting for the puck. I collided with the other player and the boards, my knee twisted and popped pretty loud. It hurt, but I continued to play. It swelled up pretty bad and hurt quite a bit, I wrapped it and went about my business. 10 or so days later decided to get it looked at. That turned out to beat a tibial plateau fracture, caused by my ALL tendon pulling so hard on its insertion that it fractured the tibia. Thank God it didn't require surgery, but did require me to be on crutches for 12 weeks.

I also sometimes have popping in my left shoulder, which has an impingement as a result of a motorcycle crash and resulting fracture-dislocation. This popping is usually only mildly painful if at all and often results in relief when my shoulder gets "jammed up" from scar tissue on the supra spinatus (sp?) caused by rubbing on the impinging bones in there.

If I had to take a wild guess - which is exactly what it is, a wild guess - I would guess that you had a tendon that was maybe bound up somehow, possibly some sort of adhesion or minor scar tissue or something, and it suddenly released. It could have been "stuck" on one side of a minor bone spur and suddenly jumped over the spur.... The docs tell me this kind of thing happens all the time. When this does happen, it can abrade the tendon, causing minor damage which, over time, can result in partially torn or full thickness tears in the tendon.

Bottom line is, if I were you, I'd go see a sports oriented orthopedist and get it checked out. If there is some sort of injury, it's best if it's diagnosed sooner than later. Some things can be repaired soon after the trauma; but if too much time passes they cannot, or it becomes much more difficult.

Like I said, I am no kind of doctor. But I have plenty of experience with sports related injuries, obviously. Which means I've been in orthopedic offices many times, asked lots of questions and have been lucky to get hooked up with some very competent and smart orthopedic surgeons who were willing to answer my questions and teach me a little bit about what's going on in there with all that connective tissue. So, take this for what it's worth, probably 2 cents at most, and go get your elbow looked at.

Meanwhile, RICE. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.

Pushed through shoulders yesterday and had a little pain, nothing to bad. I iced and took some aleve and it wasn't to bad. Tendonitis is what they are calling it. I believe the pop was due to scar tissue. Just have to keep taking care of it and get some IGF soon.

Back