Fish Protein Shakes

Ox 51

Musclechemistry Guru
SOMETHING’S FISHY

Fish protein powder: high quality, fast digesting and cheap.

Tabatha Elliott, PhD
Photography by: GETTY IMAGES

omethingsfishy-1.jpg

When it comes to protein powders, there are many kinds to choose from: whey, casein and soy, not to mention hemp, rice and pea protein powders. Soon you will be able to drink a fish pro- tein shake postworkout thanks to a Peruvian company called Bluewave Marine Ingredients. As gross as this sounds, the protein has no fishy taste and is rapidly digested like whey. This is due to its patented membrane system. Liquefied sardine enters the membrane, which separates it into three different streams: fat-free protein, a fat and biogenic fraction. The fat- free protein is then dried and powdered. One major advantage of the fish protein may be its price. It is estimated that the fish protein isolate will cost almost half as much as whey proteins. This is a good, cheaper alternative for high-quality protein powders.

<!-- /.node-formatted.tpl.php -->

It really sounds like a bad idea, but if there were no smell or taste and the protein was good AND it was cheap, I would try it.

It'd be nice if it was cheap when it comes out so people will give it a try. I might try to find some at the Arnold if it's out by then

Yeah, if it was cheap, I'd try anything. But, you are right...a free sample would be nice.

Does anyone have any idea when this product might b out? I would luv to have an alternative to my fish meals during prep.

The company in Lima peru just got certified and has just started producing . It's supposedly costing around 10$ a kilo. Contacted
A person to find availability in USA .Will keep everyone posted . Btw . It has "light "fishy smell. That term in Peru could be like a dank trout smell in USA

Last edited:
The company in Lima peru just got certified and has just started producing . It's supposedly costing around 10$ a kilo. Contacted
A person to find availability in USA .Will keep everyone posted . Btw . It has "light "fishy smell. That term in Peru could be like a dank trout smell in USA

Mmmm, sounds yummy.

AminoMarine Fish Protein Powder - great alternate to whey, dairy, soy, etc

hello to all - just an FYI that the product is now available in USA retail market at the AminoMarine website. for those with questions about the flavor, i can say that the product actually tastes GOOD ! my wife makes a health shake every morning, 20g of the fish protein (Chocolate-Hazelnut Flavor) and then 1/2 banana, 4oz of almond milk (she is dairy free) and a few berries, kale leaves and blend.

The product is also very drinkable in water alone - it has minimal sugar/carbs added - as it is designed to appeal to the "Purest" --- anyone can add any sugar they want on their own.

hello to all - just an FYI that the product is now available in USA retail market at the AminoMarine website. for those with questions about the flavor, i can say that the product actually tastes GOOD ! my wife makes a health shake every morning, 20g of the fish protein (Chocolate-Hazelnut Flavor) and then 1/2 banana, 4oz of almond milk (she is dairy free) and a few berries, kale leaves and blend.

The product is also very drinkable in water alone - it has minimal sugar/carbs added - as it is designed to appeal to the "Purest" --- anyone can add any sugar they want on their own.

welcome to MC bro, and do you have anything to do with the company that sells this stuff? just curious brutha

dont look that cheap on that website and if it fishy as well u can keep it..geez meat protein fish protein..what next...ive got some protein for sale... my man glue...

Saying it is good quality and CHEAP somehow raises a red flag to me. Sounds like might be a alternative to soy for
the tree hugging vegan crowds. (no offense to the berkenstock wearing tree huggers) Give me a steak! (or a peice of
real fish)

well the "cheap" part was a bit of a mistake - it turns out it is similar to Whey Isolate - but that said, it has real value for Paleo, Gluten Free, and those looking to avoid Antibiotics and Hormones used in Milk Production.

- - - Updated - - -

well the "cheap" part was a bit of a mistake - it turns out it is similar to Whey Isolate - but that said, it has real value for Paleo, Gluten Free, and those looking to avoid Antibiotics and Hormones used in Milk Production.

Yeah... I'll pass on this. I've used proteins with added Omega-3's (via fish oil) in it... you take the top off and the whole house would smell... I hate fish as it is... I eat tuna only cause my diet makes me... and that's more for the fats. This protein being "fat free" has no real benefit to me. I''ll stick to my whey.

Back