Gnc info to a guy

jtunderdog

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
The person working told a guy trying to lose weight he should not run a casein protein like muscle milk at all. The reasoning was that whey went into the system faster. I agree with this to an extent, but the person also said he could use the whey for a meal replacement. I told him personally casein as a meal replacement would be a good idea since its slower digesting. Whey isolate after the workout was a great idea and I told him whey an hour before might even be good but the GNC guy said no protein before. He is wanting to maintain his mass so I don't see why that would hurt. I advised him cutting carbs out after 5 would be better than not using casein in my opinion.

pre workout, you can use whey, however bcaa is more optimal. Cutting carbs after 5 is great, no fructose after 1-2pm also would be recommended.

also you could use whey and mcts for a great meal replacement. No real carbs, cant really store the fat either...keeps your energy levels up as well. Personally i would be using whey and coconut oil or pro blend and coconut and olive oil all day long...forget the carbs...refeed 1 day a week to replenish the glycogen stores

Most of the people that work in GNC's around here don't know shit. They only push the big name brands and will tell you whatever you need to hear in order to buy it

thats what GNC wants. I had a chance to get a few products in their stores and the profit was minimal on my end and they said they didnt help with any marketing

thats what GNC wants. I had a chance to get a few products in their stores and the profit was minimal on my end and they said they didnt help with any marketing

They'd push the shit to death if there was an incentive on it like I could imagine GNC has on the higher priced items for their employees. I don't know if they do or not, but it sure seems like they have an incentive to sell the overpriced stuff when in most instances the knock off brand is just as comparable.

The GNC here is decent but i live in a place that has the olympic training center and plenty of military bases. They dont try to push shit. As for his protein there are many different kinds and the muscle milk does have plenty of fat(not bad fats) and could store some and sugars. the casein I use mostly before bed since it is a long acting(absorbing) and I use a mix of whey and cas before workouts.
To lose weight he needs to get away from the muscle milk its more of an MRP than a supplement.
I personally use syntha-6 it works great and I can still lose weight on it. GNC just needs to work on thier sales tactics

The GNC here is decent but i live in a place that has the olympic training center and plenty of military bases. They dont try to push shit. As for his protein there are many different kinds and the muscle milk does have plenty of fat(not bad fats) and could store some and sugars. the casein I use mostly before bed since it is a long acting(absorbing) and I use a mix of whey and cas before workouts.
To lose weight he needs to get away from the muscle milk its more of an MRP than a supplement.
I personally use syntha-6 it works great and I can still lose weight on it. GNC just needs to work on thier sales tactics

Working on their prices wouldn't hurt either, they are extremely overpriced

I just love the people at these type of stores. haha!

That's ridiculous, the best is the guys or girls that are obese and try to explain how creatine or muscle building items work when they've obvious never done more than curl a piece of pizza to their mouth

Its funny when your built and walk in to a GNC and they ask if they can help you just say "NO I think I know what im doing" they just shut right up. They always do when I walk in. I agree the prices are freaking sky high, shop online and even at vitamin shoppe they have the same stuff but lower costs.(most of the time)

people that work at gnc's are hired just like anyother job, interviewed and if they LIKE you your hired, more so if you can sell

vitamin shop employees have to take a test and a new hire test after being hired to stay up on info about supps and vits

point is GNC employees are a joke

people that work at gnc's are hired just like anyother job, interviewed and if they like you your hired, more so if you can sell

vitamin shop employees have to take a test and a new hire test after being hired to stay up on info about supps and vits

point is gnc employees are a joke

amen

Working on their prices wouldn't hurt either, they are extremely overpriced

yeah, 1kg of creatine monohydrate, GNC brand 37.00 before gold card. Add tax too...INSANE. Our CreaPure, better product, 2kg is 20.00...

I know syntha-6 is good and everyone raves about the flavor. Please check us out at RxWhey.com XXXX, you'll probably find something you like or can use

yeah, 1kg of creatine monohydrate, GNC brand 37.00 before gold card. Add tax too...INSANE. Our CreaPure, better product, 2kg is 20.00...

I know syntha-6 is good and everyone raves about the flavor. Please check us out at RxWhey.com XXXX, you'll probably find something you like or can use

I will check that out brotha, I have a few containers on the shelf, My best thing isnt the taste but proteing level, type and low sugar. It mixes easily but it is pretty costly. I will check it out. Where I work I get people everyday asking about supplements, proteins etc. I expect it when I walk in to work everyday. I dont mind trying something and passsing it on to the many people who ask me everyday..
Thanks
XXXX

we appreciate it, we can even give you a specific coupon code to help recruit people to use us and our site...theres something in it for you too...big n wv is doing this as well. as well as few others

Back