Votes: 19 29.2%
  • twice a week

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • never

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
poof said:
once a week for me using heavy dumbells on a decline

they get hit from doing racks and are sometimes more sore from my leg day then my direct workouts

anyone here read brawn where in it mcrobert says that conventional full range situps such as where you bend at the hips work more the hip flexors than the actual abs?

he says ab workouts are ones where you dont move at the hips, but rather crunch or roll your hips up (there is a difference here, ie doing reverse situps on an incline)

i dont know if thats exactly right, ill check the book later, i believe he states that overtoned hip flexors are not a good thing.. again ill check it out later

full range DO hit your hip flexors more than abdominals...you are right on the money with this statement.

You also get a lot of indirect ab work by doing core work via heavy squats and deadlifts. - I am only begining to work my abs on a regular basis now and plan on hitting them every 2nd day.

4 wks out from show I do them about 4-6 times a week but not to failure. The rest of the time I do them once a week and hit them hard.

jaywooly said:
Uh, never wasn't an option?

Maybe once a week.

it is now...I fixed it!!! lol it had to be done. the only time I ever hit abs is if I am dieting down....thats it. so the most accurate option for me is never. I am the first to vote that way, but there will be others.

i work them once a week with resistance at the gym. Also now that i want to join the army sometimes when i am bored at home i try to do as many crunches as i can,to see how much will i score on the APFT

I hit them boys everyday, Abs is one of the mucles because of their size and the muscle group that can be worked everyday....you actually do whether you beleive it or not. It is involved in almost every movement.

Besides I want that killer eight pack..ha!Ha!

2-3 x a week, but mostly just twice, gets the job done, but u have to hit them hard, I don't have a 6 pack or anything, but it's solid

every other day...i recover fast....and sometimes i go 5x a week every other 3 weeks....i see results...Just gotta make it tougher every time around

every day, right after I wake up I sit up out of bed, on off days I roll out so I can make sure and hit the obliques

also, since you need to give some muscles a day off, when my abs get sore and need a day off, I just keep my ass in bed.

I do abs twice a week, or every five days, depending on the workout I am doing at the time.

They are not any different from any other muscle that you have, so you need to give them as much rest as well. If you want BIG BULGING muscles in your abs, you need to do exercises with weights where you can only do a smaller number of reps.

If you work them out at high reps five times a week, just think what your bis would look like if you did that to them.

My wife thinks my obliques make me look fat since they bulge, so maybe I will start doing more reps at a lower weight.

But the reason I work out my abs is because I have a bad back.

Back