Jobs......

O- my boss.... there was an a spot for an Agent like 3 months after I got there so he paid for me to go get my license......

Yes I have an 8yr old.... I was lucky tho cause I was so young and did not gain much weight... that is why I was always to scared to have another :) hehehe

T82 said:
Anyone ever just feel like their really not sure about something they thought they were REALLY sure about in the past? Thats what Im feeling. And its confusing.

T....I definitely know how you feel. I grew up wanting to go to med school. I finally got the nerve to tell myself and my family that I just wasn't interested anymore. Now, I am a personal trainer/supplement sales, in school for Kinesiology/performance nutrition. I love the choice I have made! Just be true to yourself, that's all I can say.

SamRose114 said:
T....I definitely know how you feel. I grew up wanting to go to med school. I finally got the nerve to tell myself and my family that I just wasn't interested anymore. Now, I am a personal trainer/supplement sales, in school for Kinesiology/performance nutrition. I love the choice I have made! Just be true to yourself, that's all I can say.

Yah, this is the thing I was thinking. Its hard because there is so much time and money I have to invest in this so I feel this incredible pressure to be absolutely SURE about it. The thing is people change, especially at my age (21) since I dont even really KNOW MYSELF yet.

Also, it's difficult sometimes to sift through what YOU want and what the people around you want (espcially family). Because when youre younger, these two things are really one thing. And as you get older you realize that you need to make decisions based on YOUR happiness, not *everyone* else's.

So yah, trying to get through all that now! Yuk!

Hang in there Girl...what made me so scared and unsure about my major was the money factor. I wanted to major in something I was absolutely sure I would make money in, but my true love for health and fitness clashed there because there is no guarantee that I'll be rich. But, I know I will be happy and always be able to support myself while doing what I love. I'm 21 too....decisions decisions!

I'm in my last semester of school, majoring in graphic design. The economy sucks now, so I'm pretty worried about what's gonna happen after.

If you ladies dont mind I want to stick my nose in here and say, your children should all be proud of you. I am a stay home dad right now and I know how hard and multifaceted it can be. Those of you who work and spend time with your children also is great. After the Military career I enjoy every minute I can get with my son. I will be going back, but for now just to let you know a man understands how un-appreciated it can be.. from me to you.. HOO RAAAHHH.. Your appreciated in my book..

Good luck with all you do.

Spend time with them and provide for them the best you can.they grow up to fast and you never know what god has planned for you tomorrow.

J.

strider said:
If you ladies dont mind I want to stick my nose in here and say, your children should all be proud of you. I am a stay home dad right now and I know how hard and multifaceted it can be. Those of you who work and spend time with your children also is great. After the Military career I enjoy every minute I can get with my son. I will be going back, but for now just to let you know a man understands how un-appreciated it can be.. from me to you.. HOO RAAAHHH.. Your appreciated in my book..

Good luck with all you do.

Spend time with them and provide for them the best you can.they grow up to fast and you never know what god has planned for you tomorrow.

J.

Thank you, Strider :)

Well I am filling those shoes now and I do understan how hard it is tobe the stay home parent. It was easier to go off to war than raise a child. I realize that you always try so hard for them and sacrifica so much, I just wanted to let you know that I do understand and all you mom's are appreciated.

yeah and sorry about the mispellings as well, my son was in my arms and being a wiggle worm..LOL

Just landed a position for one of the largest electronic companies in the world. I work the A/R receivable department, but it is a foot in the door. I worked for a dotcom for the past 4 years and finally called it quits. I am too old to be jumping from job to job, so I plan to retire from this company that i presently work for. I struggle as I never had that " I want to be a...when I grow up" figured out, so I dropped into jobs in different industries to see if there was something that I liked. I get restless and I am trying to get out of the "gypsy mode" and build some stability for myself. If you are under 30, don't waste away your 20's like I did. Do what you want to do and just make sure that you are happy.

I am a dental assistant. I dont really like it, I actually posted the same type of quest. on another board, just to see what people do for a living. I am thinking of going back to school in sept. not sure though...

I'm a Product Manager for an insurance company. However, we're working on our personal fitness company right now (clothing, supplements), and my goal is to have that up and running profitably enough within 12 months so that I can quit the 12-hour insurance days!

I am a nanny for a 6 year old boy. I love my job, easiest job in the world, and Oh yeah, i am finishing up school to be a massage therapist, fun, fun, fun!

I have to make it over here more often, it is really a breath of fresh air. You ladies are so open and talk so freely about eveything. It is so very relaxing to read in here sometimes. AAAhhhhh...I guess I am getting in touch with my feminine side...ha!ha! Anyway I better get the hell outta b/f eveyone really thinks I am gay!! LMAO

Stay True to the Iron!!

Back