Mr. Olympia 2003

Let me see if I understand what you're saying.

You're saying Gunter deserved to win in 2002. And that he didn't look as good in 2003 as he did in 2002 and that was because he was upset he didn't win in 2002? Is that really what you're saying?

Let's look at a few facts:

1. Gunter didn't even qualify for the Olympia in 2001, he received a special invite due to being a favorite of JW.
2. At the 2001 Olympia, Gunter took 15th place.
3. Again in 2002, Gunter didn't qualify for the Olympia, again he received a special invite due to being a favorite of JW.
4. In 2002 he moves up to 5th place. Believe me, Gunter was ecstatic with such a huge move up and that placing. Most impartial, experienced BB people felt he should have been placed anywhere between 4th and 7nth. No one with any impartiality or experience felt he should have been placed any higher.
5. In 2003, he changes his nutritionist/contest prep person.
6. His new nutritionist/contest prep person, Victor Conte of Balco Labs, gets raided and pushed into seclusion by law enforcement and the IRS about a month or so before the Olympia.
7. Gunter comes into the 2003 Olympia on the light side and depending on your view, either similar to or worse than his 2002 condition. He's no threat to the top guys but looks good enough to hold onto his 5th place.

Was his (poor? Not) 2003 placing in any way due to his (discouraged? Not) mental state after his huge jump in the placings the previous year? That's about the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Let's put it this way, if placings could have been based on how his mental state was affected by his 5th place finish last year, he would have placed first this year.

Bottom line, Gunter looks very good, he's made great improvements over the years but deserving of a Mr. Olympia victory? Not yet and realistically, with his flaws, it's possible but unlikely that he will ever be Mr. Olympia.

MaxRep

bigshug said:
It had to be the damned haircut......

who in their right mind would cultivate such a mullet?

sorry for all of you who have mullets...but DAMN

you know he does have a point

I have to say it, ronnie coleman looks great man! Unreal actualy, and man lee priest legs are soft as hell, what gives

realy? do u think this is true? or better yet do you think its possible,lol

Back