My 15 weeks to Nationals LOG !!!

Chris250

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
Ok guys for the ones that want to know what I do to get ready for shows, here is some notes, diet info, and training stuff to see what I do to get ready for shows..For this show Jim Magnone is doing my diet, he has worked with many pro's and top level NPC guys (board name is Magnum) ...I will try to get him to come on here and answer questions if he needs to..But he gave me the green light to put down the diets, and training info for you guys to all see...So here is my starting diet at 15 weeks...

Meal 1
6 whole eggs (large)

Meal 2
6oz. Lean Beef Patty (93%)
1 scp Whey Isolate protein
2 tbsp Natural Penut Butter

Meal 3
8oz. Lean Turkey breast (ground 93%)
green salad with 2 tbsp Olive Oil and vinegar

Meal 4
SAME AS 2

Meal 5
8oz. Sirlon Steak, lean ground beef patty or Salmon (all 8oz.)
green salad with 2 tbsp Olive Oil and vinegar

Meal 6
6 whole eggs (large)

Carb up meals on Saturday (or cheat day) Im not real sure how he wants this done yet, but I'll let you guys know by the weekend...

Training is split like this, it might be a 2 on 1 off or 3 on 1 off...Just depends on my energy levels, and how well im feeling...

Day 1 AM - Delts PM - Arms
Day 2 AM - Quads PM - calves
Day 3 AM - OFF
Day 4 AM - Chest PM - Arms
Day 5 AM - Back PM - Hams
Day 6 AM - Repeat cycle or day off

Cardio is 30 mins everyday on the treadmill or bike (mostly treadmill)

Here are the starting pics...Weight in the morning is 243-244lbs ...I'll update the pics weekly or bi weekly for now, until about 8 weeks out, then weekly..As for diet updates, I'll let you know of any changes when I get them from Magnum...He did say, after this weekend, that he would make some slight diet changes, but we will see how much I progress...

chris

You only eat 6 eggs for M1? :confused: Aren't you hungry?? LOL. That would just barely fill little old me... I would think a guy of your size would need more than that. Not criticizing!! Just asking since that surprised me! :)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

You only eat 6 eggs for M1? :confused: Aren't you hungry?? LOL. That would just barely fill little old me... I would think a guy of your size would need more than that. Not criticizing!! Just asking since that surprised me! :)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Well Steph it is 6 whole eggs, and yeah that isnt alot for me either..but I try to eat them reeeeeeaaaaallllllllyyyyyy sllllllooooowwwwlllllllyyyyy....LOL !!! :dizzy: It sucks, but Magnum is very respected trainer and his guys come in ripped to the bone...So im doing what he says...LOL !!!

Also, just for your info..Magnum wants me to do more of a volume type of training program...He wants something kinda like what Cutler does, godo amount of volume, but dont go to failure on every set..Just the final set of a few movements..Like he says, chase the pump...so thats what Im doing now for the past couple of weeks...

chris

chris, i know on another board you where working with phil did you not like his methods or? just curious

Not so much that I didnt like his methods, it was I just had a chance to work with Jim Magnone (Magnum)...

thats pretty much it

quick update -

so far with the added volume in my routine, I have been waking up very, very sore...

My quads are killing me from squats, and I didnt even go heavy...LOL !!!

looking good bro, best of luck to you. I plan on being there so we have to be sure and meet up.

SICK chris

i too have been training higher volume, and the second day soreness is something i havent felt in a long time !!

Keep training hard brother

looking good. real low carbs tho. hows the mood on those low carbs? u starving all day?

Back work yester 8-13-09

Thought you guys would like to see how I have been training as of late...This volume style was something that Magnum wanted me to do...So here it is...

Bent rows (overhand grip) 135 x 10, 155 x 10, 185 x 10, 205 x 10, 225 x 10 x 10

Reverse close grip pulldowns (think yates) 140 x 10, 160 x 10, 180 x 10, 190 x 10

Bent DB rows (on incline bench) 60 x 10 x 10, 60 x 10 + 2 + 2, 60 x 10 + 2 +2
Notes- last two sets where kinda modifly rest pause sets, 10 reps, couple breaths 2 reps then 2 more reps...

Straight bar pullovers - 100 x 12, 120 x 12 x 12 x 12

thats about it..alot more volume than Im use to..Not going to failure on every set..But close to it..Pushing more for the pump and training at a fast pace...

chris

looking good. real low carbs tho. hows the mood on those low carbs? u starving all day?

not really starving until the end of the night...im to busy during the day to think about food...But at night yeah im starving...

SICK chris

i too have been training higher volume, and the second day soreness is something i havent felt in a long time !!

Keep training hard brother

hey bro,

how have you been ? hope everything is good with ya...

chris

Back