Protein powders...

crg914 said:
I think you missed the analogy. I was comparing quality of protein to build quality of a car. Either way, you are way oversimplifying the process by which protein powder is made. And that's fine, you entitled to believe what you want. If I can dig up the podcast about protein powder in the archive of the show I listen to I'll post it, but suffice it to say, you don't just dehydrate dairy and put it in a tub. And if there is a $15 tub of protein and a $60 tube of protein, they sure as hell didn't use the same process to get the end product regardless of what "extras" or "additives" they claim to use.

Regardless, I agree real food is a better choice, protein powder is a last resort.

Truthfully I haven't tried " True protein " so I can't speak of it . I am even open to what you are saying . However please be open to the fact that the $60 might have that price to cover paying its 6 figure spokesmodel and their add campaigns . BCAA , vitamins , NO, creatine , etc and that cookies & cream flavor might explain the price difference . Would it be better ? Perhaps .. But a good ole basic protein powder might get results too ...

I'm not convinced that more money means better quality . The Gucci shirt I bought had a flaw and the buttons fell off .. I was convinced by the sales person that it was better quality because it was Gucci and Italian made .. I really bought the name not quality . It too was mass produced .

I would like to hear the podcast . Sounds cool to me .. Who knows if I'm convinced I'll spend the bucks too .. I want to grow !

Cheers man .. Its all good

I can tell you that you can get quality products for cheap if the company isn't into all the advertising and fancy marketing tactics. Some of these companies will use better ingredients, but there will also be a servere mark up once it hits the store. Take muscletech for example, if you could buy it directly from them, I will guarantee that it wouldn't be $30 for a 2lb tub (if that's even close to the price anymore). But some of these companies won't sell directly to the customer and we're forced to pay the markup to some degree, of course you can get it cheaper online than say at GNC as we all know they mark up everything ridiculously. But there is a difference between protein quality, it's just a matter of knowing what you want/need and what is in the tub you're buying

where the hell do u keep a 50 pound container of protein lol

In a pet food tupperware in the kitchen ;)

IMG_0062.jpg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where the hell do u keep a 50 pound container of protein lol

In a 40 gallon Tupperware. It's right in the pantry. Doesn't give me the shits, no gas, and it has no flavoring. I only use it for my insulin shakes. Everything else is food.

Yea, I need to pick one of those up as well, I'm usually filling up old containers that I have saved, but that's better yet

Damn, we have a Petco around here, but I'll look online, that's a good idea though, especially if you buy in bulk. Does it keep it relatively fresh?

Back