The preworkout thread

I just ordered Cobra The Curse, should have it in a few days, will report back on this thread my reveiw
NO Explode, I thought the orgiinal was better than version 2
Optimum Pre-WO I thought was pretty good

As a gym owner, I get sent free samples quite often, wish I'd remember the better ones...I know a cheap way is Wal Mrt has these energy packets to blend in water....then I add in a caffeine capsule and I have energy!!

In a pinch, good old fashioned 3 cups of coffee works too!!

This is me, the 3 cups of coffee. I generally work out in the morning and frequently bring my 2nd and 3rd cups with me. Then again, I don't do much of anything ever without 2 or 3 cups of coffee in the morning...... Lol!

I just ordered Cobra The Curse, should have it in a few days, will report back on this thread my reveiw
NO Explode, I thought the orgiinal was better than version 2
Optimum Pre-WO I thought was pretty good

As a gym owner, I get sent free samples quite often, wish I'd remember the better ones...I know a cheap way is Wal Mrt has these energy packets to blend in water....then I add in a caffeine capsule and I have energy!!

In a pinch, good old fashioned 3 cups of coffee works too!!

How did you end up getting on with the Curse? I don't know a single person who was disappointed with it. I am going to order some myself soon just as a lower dosed stimulant to give me a boost.

I tried 1 1/2 scoops of Gaspari SP250 tonight and it was great. I just destroyed legs but I am wiped out. I can barely move :eek:
I am reading through your reviews and it's great you taken the time to do this for the community. I have a question for you .i hope I didn't miss it so, what are you looking for in a preworkout? What makes a preworkout good to you?
I use different preworkouts for different things .
Not all of them will accomplish the same thing.
Have you tried speedx3?
Prejym is different ? It's a whole different ball of wax. Seriously! I don't think I really new how much it was doing for me until I paid attention to the weights I was lifting and strength and recovery it gave me each and every workout! It doesn't give you the stereotypical feeling of a preworkout , no rush of energy , no crazy stimulant feeling like you have to get up and smash something .lol. It kinda sneaks up on ya. You don't know it. Your not all jacked up to go get pumped up. If you want a preworkout without the intense energy, or caffeine , prejym is excellent. You will get an intense focus added concentration,incredible pump. the weird thing is the strength that you seem to get . I take prejym on those fast paced ,heavy lifting days . A lot of super sets or dropsets . But prejym isn't gonna do much for the stim junkie. I guess I fall under that category. I actually mixed 1scoop prejym w/1scoop speedx3. I did this for about a week!!
I'll go into that later on.
elvia,this is a great thread thanks for allowing me to share in this.

Last edited:
Thanks matey that means a lot. I look for everything in a pre workout so increased energy and focus, great pumps, increased vascularity and hopefully performance benefits. Although as time passed in this thread I started mainly looking for the energy and focus components more and more. I started looking for stronger products and well as you say the typical stimulant junkie. But I will start to calm it down a little as it's not good for health and in the end it actually hinders performance (adrenal cortex... cortisol, tiredness from too many stimulants etc etc). I should add another reason I started looking for the high stimulant formulas is because I am already pretty much covered when it comes to pumps and vascularity.... synthetine, slin, partition md, tadalafil, intra md etc etc.

I have never taken speedx3. I used to be very stimulant sensitive so stayed away from them for a long time. My friend (who sadly passed away last year) used to sell speedx3 but I never tried it.

Yes PreJym is a good overall formula. I mention it in this thread on another page. It gave me a bit of everything and I recommend it to everyone to try. It is very similar to Pre Kaged by Kaged Muscle. If you look up Pre Kaged on paper it is incredible but I wouldn't recommend buying it. It's a good product but there are better. If someone didn't have anti oxidants or aminos then it would be worth a try. They are the main reason for it's high price but I take lots of them already so they were unneeded for my pre workout. Have you tried Nutrex's Outlift? That is again just like PreJym and worth a try. I think Nutrex Outlift was the first to put in the clinical dose of citrulline malate and then many soon followed. That's one of the main reasons Pre Jym gives a good pump and general feel in the gym.

Try NitroNOX Pro by GSN as that is incredible and gives you everything... energy, focus, pumps and increased performance. I really enjoyed Ergoblast by Ergogenix too (that needs to be dosed on an empty stomach imo).

Keep your reviews coming :)

I am reading through your reviews and it's great you taken the time to do this for the community. I have a question for you .i hope I didn't miss it so, what are you looking for in a preworkout? What makes a preworkout good to you?
Have you tried speedx3?
Prejym is different ? It's a whole different ball of wax. Seriously! I don't think I really new how much it was doing for me until I paid attention to the weights I was lifting and strength and recovery it gave me each and every workout! It doesn't give you the stereotypical feeling of a preworkout , no rush of energy , no crazy stimulant feeling like you have to get up and smash something .lol. It kinda sneaks up on ya. You don't know it. Your not all jacked up to go get pumped up. If you want a preworkout without the intense energy, or caffeine , prejym is excellent. You will get an intense focus added concentration,incredible pump. the weird thing is the strength that you seem to get . I take prejym on those fast paced ,heavy lifting days . A lot of super sets or dropsets . But prejym isn't gonna do much for the stim junkie. I guess I fall under that category. I actually mixed 1scoop prejym w/1scoop speedx3. I did this for about a week!!

- - - Updated - - -

I used 1 scoop of Cannibal Ferox Amped before legs yesterday and had a great workout but I struggled through it. I don't know if it was the MK-677 and/or too many stimulants but I felt tired throughout the workout. My heart was beating far too fast which is not good. If I use it again it will just be 1/2 scoop and not overdo things. I also felt sick during training which is likely due to the pre workout too. Over the next few weeks I am going to calm down the stimulants and just stick to 1 scoop of my other pre workouts or just have a nespresso instead.

i might have to give that cannibal stuff a try as i never heard of it before,

more often than not a pre-work out does nothing. I've even tried straight up ephedra(sp). nothing. but every now and then I strike gold. no idea why.

Have you tried speedx3?

What this guy said. Pre jym is a very good pre-workout!! You need to know the difference between a pre-workout and a pre-stim. Pre jym was built with a specific purpose which is performance and recovery in the gym. When I use it I can go all out for hours and just don't ever seem to get tired.it doesn't get you amped up, it makes your body not get fatigued. It's the best I've had for that specific purpose. Not to mention all ingredients are scientifically proven to work and at the proper clinical dosage. It was voted for and won the best pre-workout of the year on BB.com for a reason. Just my .02 $

Last edited:
Thanks matey that means a lot. I look for everything in a pre workout so increased energy and focus, great pumps, increased vascularity and hopefully performance benefits. Although as time passed in this thread I started mainly looking for the energy and focus components more and more. I started looking for stronger products and well as you say the typical stimulant junkie. But I will start to calm it down a little as it's not good for health and in the end it actually hinders performance (adrenal cortex... cortisol, tiredness from too many stimulants etc etc). I should add another reason I started looking for the high stimulant formulas is because I am already pretty much covered when it comes to pumps and vascularity.... synthetine, slin, partition md, tadalafil, intra md etc etc.

I have never taken speedx3. I used to be very stimulant sensitive so stayed away from them for a long time. My friend (who sadly passed away last year) used to sell speedx3 but I never tried it.

Yes PreJym is a good overall formula. I mention it in this thread on another page. It gave me a bit of everything and I recommend it to everyone to try. It is very similar to Pre Kaged by Kaged Muscle. If you look up Pre Kaged on paper it is incredible but I wouldn't recommend buying it. It's a good product but there are better. If someone didn't have anti oxidants or aminos then it would be worth a try. They are the main reason for it's high price but I take lots of them already so they were unneeded for my pre workout. Have you tried Nutrex's Outlift? That is again just like PreJym and worth a try. I think Nutrex Outlift was the first to put in the clinical dose of citrulline malate and then many soon followed. That's one of the main reasons Pre Jym gives a good pump and general feel in the gym.

Try NitroNOX Pro by GSN as that is incredible and gives you everything... energy, focus, pumps and increased performance. I really enjoyed Ergoblast by Ergogenix too (that needs to be dosed on an empty stomach imo).

Keep your reviews coming :)

- - - Updated - - -

I used 1 scoop of Cannibal Ferox Amped before legs yesterday and had a great workout but I struggled through it. I don't know if it was the MK-677 and/or too many stimulants but I felt tired throughout the workout. My heart was beating far too fast which is not good. If I use it again it will just be 1/2 scoop and not overdo things. I also felt sick during training which is likely due to the pre workout too. Over the next few weeks I am going to calm down the stimulants and just stick to 1 scoop of my other pre workouts or just have a nespresso instead.

I will check into cannibal! Thanks for the recommendation!! Prejym is my strength and pump go to in the gym.
Speedx3 doesnt look like much on paper, it really looks blah! But if you try it its actually pretty impressive . Its seems very underdosed on paper and missing many of our come to know ingredients in a good preworkout.

Last edited:
What this guy said. Pre jym is a very good pre-workout!! You need to know the difference between a pre-workout and a pre-stim. Pre jym was built with a specific purpose which is performance and recovery in the gym. When I use it I can go all out for hours and just don't ever seem to get tired.it doesn't get you amped up, it makes your body not get fatigued. It's the best I've had for that specific purpose. Not to mention all ingredients are scientifically proven to work and at the proper clinical dosage. It was voted for and won the best pre-workout of the year on BB.com for a reason. Just my .02 $

PreJym is good but nothing incredible. The top 10 on bb.com means fuck all. Some of the products in the top 10 are utter garbage. The reason I bought Nitraflex was due to it being number 6 and that was a waste of money. I have tried most in the top 10 and most are pretty crap. I actually like The Curse the most in that top 10.

After pissing around with C4 and 1MR Vortex (I was a huge fan of the original 1MR), I finally got my hands on another tub of Mr. Hyde. Looking forward to tonight's workout! :D

...not so much looking forward to trying to sleep tonight...

I have to admit, after all this time, I thought I may have been looking back on Mr. Hyde through rosy glasses, but last night I trained for almost 3 hours straight and felt great the whole time - energy and focus start to finish! Not thrilled with the cotton candy flavor, the cherry bomb is much better. Definitely give Hyde a try if you haven't already!

I have never been much into pre-workout drinks but after reading this thread I'm going to get sum. Just got to reread it to figure out which one, lol

I have never been much into pre-workout drinks but after reading this thread I'm going to get sum. Just got to reread it to figure out which one, lol

...and for good reason - most of the ones I've tried have done diddly dick, and I thought they were all crap until I tried the original 1MR a couple years back. It seems the ones I like have a few ingredients in common including: Yohimbe Bark, Citrulline Malate/Aspartate and Beta Alanine (though some people don't like the tingly feeling they get from this). I'm not any kind of chemistry expert, so that's just my observation and I'm sure Elvia has about 1000x more experience with them than I have.

Has anyone tried the Pre Series Bulk or Lean preworkouts by Transparent Labs? ... Stats look loaded.

Best preworkout Ive had recently was GSN's Nitronox ... great stuff.

Has anyone tried the Pre Series Bulk or Lean preworkouts by Transparent Labs? ... Stats look loaded.

Best preworkout Ive had recently was GSN's Nitronox ... great stuff.

It really is :)

Matey if you have never used one you will likely love it but it will be an experience :D Although that depends upon your caffeine tolerance. I would recommend GSN's NitroNOX or Cobra Lab's The Curse for you.

- - - Updated - - -

I have been on vacation for 2 weeks and I probably trained about 7 times in that time. No pre workout but the odd coffee or 2.

Today was the first day back in the gym at home and I tried 1 scoop of Hemo Rage Black. My sensitivity is much higher and I could feel this and I had a great workout. Hemo Rage is all about energy and focus and doesn't really do anything for pump.

My plan for the next few months is to use more pump products and no stimulant junkie types. So if I use any of my higher caffeine content ones it will just be 1 scoop max. The likes of Cannibal Ferox Amped will be 1/2 scoop if I use it. I plan to get a few news ones over the next few months.

I have Muscle Chemistry's Pump Juice on the way and looking forward to using it :)

I've been wanting to try this badly with some igf 1. U just using the test and nothing else?

Yes. I am very sensitive to many of the stimulants put into preworkouts. I have no problem with caffeine, it is all the others that give me stomach issues. I have recently shifted from TNE (test in oil) to Test Suspension (Test in Water) because my wife loathes the smell of the TNE and has threatened to never have sex with me again if she so much as catches a whiff of the stuff. Since we still have sex several times a week (after 28 years of marriage!), that is a huge threat!.

I did just try 1MR (1 More rep by BPI Sports) and I liked it. No rush of energy, just a lot of mental focus. That is what I want. I am going to see if I can score another sample pack to make sure it always works that way and then buy a tub.

I trained shoulders and quads today and used just over 1 scoop of PRE JYM and it felt great. PRE JYM is a great all rounder and gives decent energy and great pumps. I have only just realized something... I have a reoccuring trap injury and I felt it today. I have stated in the past I always seemed to get issues when training back with PRE JYM or similar. Like the increased pump made me more sensitive as the issue I get feels like a pulled muscle. I stopped using pump products before back and never had an issue for months. I completely forgot so this is more than a coincidence has it has happened at least 3 times after I used PRE JYM. Well it looks like it will be a nespresso before back or shrugs from now on just to be safe.

In the last week I have tried a few pre workouts from my collection. Firstly I took just over 1 scoop of Pre-Kaged by Kaged Muscle. I trained chest and tri-ceps and had a great workout. Interestingly I had a muscle spasm in my abs when doing standing rope crunches at the end of my workout. When I got home my chest started spasming too. Then each of my tri-ceps started and they stayed awhile. I have had muscle spasms in the past but only 1 muscle at a time. I was well hydrated and had consumed taurine and had also drank coconut water and had a banana so my potassium was good. Regardless of the reason I can safely state it never would have happened if I hadn't had used the pre workout. It's similar to the above when I had issues with my back. Pre Kaged is very similar to Pre Jym too. I know I have to be careful with certain pre workout especially when I train like I do at times for long periods performing multiple hard sets.

As a result I decided for the rest of the week I would use more energy promoting products. One day I used just over 1 scoop of Hemo Rage and that was great. That's all about energy and it does a good job. It doesn't feel really strong to me but it's a good boost and a decent product. It helped me through an intense 2 hour workout.

Last time I trained I tried the strongest product I own... Cannibal Ferox Amped. I have told myself not to go crazy on the stimulants anymore so really I shouldn't be using it. But from the few times I have taken it I know it has potential. An issue with it is sometimes when you take too many stimulants they can have the opposite effect. Therefore I tried about 2/3 of a scoop this time. I got the bus to the gym and was stood there wired off my head but in the best possible way. I felt really focused even just waiting for the bus :D I ended up having a great workout and fely a big boost from this product. I am using MK-677 now and it makes me tired and I actually fell asleep after my workout (about 7pm) so the pre workout didn't over stimulant me.

2moro I am going to go with 2/3 of a scoop of Ferox Amped Pump again. When I get Pump Juice I will give that a solid run to test it's complete effectiveness.

Back