Welcome back, Sachet!

Badgermoon said:
Glad your back, and had fun. We got some news from Sugga, but give us the low-down when you catch your breath. Did you have a chance to try scuba diving?

Thanks badger :)
Yep, I saw that she posted for me when I was scanning for 'introductions' yesterday. She did good!

I had lots of chances to try scuba diving, but *gulps* you guys are gonna be soOo embarrassed of me..I just know it *LMAO*
I chickened out.
*hides my face in my hands*

Sometimes when I'm in a situation that has me nervous, I start fantasizing about bizaar situations that could occur. You'll think I'm a real nutcase if I even start to describe some of the things that made me chicken out.

mailboxkillR said:
welcome back sachet. I loved the big island when I was there did the night dive with the manta rays man do I wish I was there now. Keep the guys amused with a new avatar while you where away but they begged me to change it poor saks will never be the same.

Thanks mailboxkillR :)

Ya know what?!
I thought your post in footballcat's thread sounded more like a threat than anything else about 'bringing out your woman avatar'.
It must be a doozie! Can I see it? *LOL*

I think I probably would have gone diving if I got my certificate before I went and had gone diving with people I knew before trying it somewhere among strangers. I did check into it because you guys were talking about it before I left, but it was $200 for the 4 day class or you could pay up to between $400 to $600 for one-on-one instruction.
I did do some snorkeling, actually I did quite a bit of snorkeling as I made my way to different points around the island.
The best thing that happened was a dolphin was swimming with me for awhile.. checking me out & I touched it :) before he swam off. I've seen dolphins in florida, but I usually get out of the water fast because if there's a fin, I run & ask questions later.
It's in my Jersey-NYer blood *lol*
We did alot of snorkeling at Kahalu'u Beach & Kealakekua Bay. There was a cove at the north end of the Bay that we had to swim pretty far to get to, but it was worth it. We saw so many beautiful fish and plants and strange looking shrimp.

Ok, so now we have a mission. We'll get together and take Sachet scuba diving so she won't be alone. With all of us as shark bait, you'll be fine! :laugh: Actually, the sharks don't bother with divers, but seeing one for the first time is a thrill for sure.

huntergatherer said:
welcome back darlin...

Thank you hunter :D
I've been reading an interesting book about huntergatherers & the relationship between blood types & our ancestor's food sources.
Just outta curosity, what blood type do you have? :)

Originally posted by footballcat
welcome back youngin

*lol*
Thank you Cat.
I love your new avatar.. I mean, I kinda miss that red lingerie, but this biker one is really cool :D .. it's more you ;)

Badgermoon said:
Ok, so now we have a mission. We'll get together and take Sachet scuba diving so she won't be alone. With all of us as shark bait, you'll be fine! :laugh: Actually, the sharks don't bother with divers, but seeing one for the first time is a thrill for sure.

*lmao*
Have you ever seen anyone *SscreamM* underwater?!
If it's possible, then I'll go.. I'll hafta be able to do that or I'll have a heartattack for sure.

Actually, I did something that's a happy medium between scuba diving & snorkeling while I was in the Kona area.
It was called 'Snuba'.. I think I spelled that right. {quit smirking, everyone.. I'm not making that word up!}
Basically what I did was breathe through a long air hose that was attached to a air tank that was floating on a raft.
I did have a weight belt on & wore a mask & it was fun because you could only go down about 20 to 40 feet & I had the security of being attached to something..

BigShug said:
Glad you had a good time Sachet........even mo gladder that you're back home with us now...lol

OoOo it was a dream come true.
I've always said that I was going to live on ~*Maui*~ someday.
But, after visiting O'ahu & the BigIsland.. I think I'll just keep Maui as my destination honeymoon {if I go that route.}
The weather is fantastic.. I expected it to be very hot all the time & it didn't get any higher than the upper 80s.
I wouldn't be able to live in a climate such as that.. I'm a four seasons kinda gal & that's not something I really gave much thought to when fantasizing about living on Maui :rolleyes:
It's too purrrfect.. I wouldn't have shoveling snow to bitch about.

Thank you for the sweet welcome back..

Jeeze! It's a good thingy I've learned to copy*paste my responses before hitting the submit button.
I always seem to get booted from MC when I write long responses.. *twirls my hair*
Is that a hint?!

Week #1 of my vacation~

I flew into LA & spent the first couple of days between visiting my stepsis & her family and going to the SantaMonica beach with friends I met last year through Carrie {one of my room mates during classes}
These friends took me up to San Francisco so that I could finish some sight seeing I didn't get to do last year.
They stayed in S.F. {they're bigtime partiers, I'm not & I can't sleep in a smokey place} while I stayed with Carrie@her aunt's house in Oakland.
I really love the whole San Francisco environment.. the hills & trolley cars, tea houses, boutiques, museums, the bay & bridges and the people are great and very unique.. much like true NYers.

Week #2~
I left from LA to O'ahu with that travel group & stayed in Honolulu.
My room mate was grreat & very thoughtful.
She was out to 'have fun' & didn't bring any guys back to our room the entire week.. which is really quite a testiment to her ability to respect others and take them into consideration even though it was her room as well.
She got some nice ass too! *LOL*

Anyway, Honolulu was a very busy place.. which was grrreat for my first week in Hawaii because I was very antsy & nervous about being away from familar things & was looking to keep busy.
While most of the people in my group were nursing hangovers from the night before, I was out walking first thing in the morning & exploring :D because I'm the best tourist on the face of this earth so most of them were surprised to hear what was on the island when we got together at dinner time & chitty chatted about the day *lol*
Tells ya something about that group *winks*

Some of the thingys I did while there & not necessarily in order.
I went to the Hawaii Maritime Center, which is a museum & it had historical stuff about the hawaii & her love affair with the sea and whaling.
It's located near a harbor & you could see all the cruise ships in the port and other ships and there were shops to brouse through.

We hurried through the state capital.. and I got to see Iolani Palace, the only royal palace in the US *grins* It was built somewhere in the late 1800s for King Kalakaua.
The only reason I remember the King's name is because there was some really great shops on Kalakaua Ave *lol*
The building architecture was breathtaking in some places.
For instance, the state building had a circular opening, rather than a roof & it allowed sunshine in during the day & the stars at night.. very unique. Inside there was a mosaic of the ocean & a chandelier that was a represention of the sun & moon.
It gave you a very spiritual feeling.. hard to explain, but it was a cool state building.

The coffee & pineapple was *YuMmY* and there are beautiful exotic flower & coffee plantations. And there's LOTS of bananas!

Naturally, there was a great military presence in Honolulu.
We went to Pearl Harbor & since I'm very perceptive to thingys, I had to deal with sadness waves going through me.
We passed Aloha Stadium where the NFL Pro Bowl is held when we were on our way to the Arizona Memorial.

Every sunset was breathtakingly beautiful. It just reaffirms my belief that the best things in life are free.
Being treated to lunch by a sailor just doubly reaffirms that! ha!

I basically ran through any museum I came across, while everyone else was shopping or whateva. The Mission Houses Museum was interesting. It was built in the early 1800s where the first American missionaries lived. It's the oldest wooden house on the island. I also attended church@Kawaiahao's oldest church which offered the service in Hawaiian :D

The Royal Hawaiian Hotel is in Waikiki & we had lunch there just because it was pink~

Naturally, being the surfer lover I am.. I was really excited when we went to the Banzai Pipeline on the north shore. The waves had to be up to 30 feet tall. It was very very impressive to watch the surfers live. We met a few, well.. we met alot *floats* but, there were a few who we later found out were rather famous, but I don't remember their names.

The Hibiscus orchids also stand out in my memory vividly because they were beautiful.
There were two gardens.. one was at the bottom of the Ko'olau mts.. it was replica of the Temple of Equality {Japan} It had the slanting roofs & red. Just beautiful.
The Contemporary museum in Honolulu also had a stronger Japanese influence with a japanese sculpture garden & beautiful delicate plants.. they also had featured artists from the area with their work on display.

The water in Hanauma Bay was a gorgeous emerald green.. and the Coral reefs in S.E. Oahu were just incrediable too.

In the Southern Kolau Mt Range, we went to the Nu uanan Pali lookout. I think we had to be about 1000 feet about the water & the view was worth going.. beautiful place to ship watch.

Note to huntergatherer~ In Kahana Valley State park they let people pig hunt.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but that's all I can remember from Oahu at the moment.

OoOoh yeah, I also visited a realitor & the base price for a single family house in O'AHU runs $375,000 - $400,000 and they weren't all that impressive.
Most people rent & that's even expensive because they're taxed 4% on their rent yearly.

Thanks for sharing your trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, reading it makes me want to go.

And yes, you can scream, laugh, cough, or yell in scuba gear. hard to hear someone yelling/ screaming though.

*grabs badger by the back of the shirt*

heyyy where ya goin' sailor?!
I've still got three more weeks to tell ya about! :D
Unfortunately, I have alot of catchup at work right now & everytime I go to play online a lil, something comes up.

Badgermoon said:
Thanks for sharing your trip. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, reading it makes me want to go.

And yes, you can scream, laugh, cough, or yell in scuba gear. hard to hear someone yelling/ screaming though.

Anything you can do above water you can do through a regulator even puke that attracts the fishies even more(so I heard LMAO).

Hell if you snuba'd(which I do know what you are talking about) you can scuba with no problem. How did you like snuba? There really isin't any difference except the depth and once you get to 40-50ft the equalization thing with the ears sould be ok by then.

I liked snuba alot!
As with any new thingy.. I was a tad apprehensive & the fact that I was on the island 'alone' was in the back of my mind.

Sachet said:
I liked snuba alot!
As with any new thingy.. I was a tad apprehensive & the fact that I was on the island 'alone' was in the back of my mind.

Good ole snuba..................

Weeks 3 & 4 I spent on the Big Island :D
Most people fly into Honalulu as their base & then travel interisland from there. It cost me $105 to fly to the Big Island from Honolulu.

I stayed in a condo in Hilo, which is the Big Island's major city.
There's actually very few condos available here since most people tend to stay on the West Coast Kona side because Hilo gets rain nearly every day.
Since I stayed in Hilo, I have lots to say about it, but I'll save it for last since I'm already running outta time *lol*

The Big Island actually isn't all that BIG.
There's a shore line road that takes you just about around the entire outer rim of the island & it takes approximately 5 hours to drive it.
And it's about 2 1/2 hours' drive if you go directly across the island from the East coast {Hilo} to the West coast {Kona}.

Going clockwise {south} from Hilo the stops I made were;

Puna~
It was refered to as 'Punabuds' by some of my friends.
Evidently, there are plenty of pot growers here & it's not very well hidden either *lol*
We were on our way to the Volcano Park entrance..
There was one beach that was said to be somewhat safe {rough sea} to swim at called Kehena beach, but even really good swimmers die there yearly.. so I avoided the beaches there other than to walk on the black sand & see the lava tide pools.
The Puna Geothermal Venture provides the island with 25% of it's energy. However, it releases so rather nasty gases {hydrogen sulfide, ammonia, sulfur dioxide} which were far from pleasant & ultimately threatens the health of it's residents.

Back