My ab challenge!!

Plank day 5

Set 1 3:31
Set 2 1:17
Set 3 1:13

1:10 between sets

I need to be more regular. EOD or E3D would be nice.

Yeah I think the cat would have thrown me off too. Not a fan of cats but I love my family so we have several. I'm a dog guy, pitts to be exact but I also like mastiff's but I had one for about 13 years, way before family. He died 2 years ago. Truthfully I can't bring myself to get another. So we (they) have cats, lol.
I'm a dog person too. I love my little boys (cats), but my little girl in the pic above is my child! Lol... Idk what I'd do if something happened today her. She's only 9 months so hopefully I don't have to worry about that for awhile.

Back to the planks... You're making good progress Iron! I think I'm going to have The Dude in there with me next time I do them. I should be making more progress than I am so maybe if he's right there I can squeeze out a few more seconds. Going to try to do them today.

I think I'm going to have The Dude in there with me next time I do them. I should be making more progress than I am so maybe if he's right there I can squeeze out a few more seconds. Going to try to do them today.

True, it helps that my wife times me. Can't look weak in front of her, lol. Although the last 10 seconds or so of every set I tremble bad. Its funny but I know i'm pushing it at least.

Iron you're killing it! Thanks for the motivation! I'll be doing my sets later today when The Dude's gets home. Like before, if I post it now I'm more likely to follow through. Whatever works, right? Lol... As of now, I should be back to my regular 40 hour work weeks so I can focus on improving my plank times and frequency.

Ok, y'all got me. Never did this "girly exercise" before... How hard can it be?

Doing them between leg press sets:

Set 1: 1.00 Shaking began at 15 seconds... and continued until completion at 1 minute.
Set 2: 1.00 minutes. Shaking began again at 15 seconds, intensified at 30 and was pretty damned intense at 45 seconds but made it to a minute...
Set 3: Fuck set 3, maybe they won't be so hard on back day!

EMW14 - HAHAHA! Love this! Don't they suck?! ...but good job for being your first time! I'm doing mine later this evening after the gym. So will you be back for more? I've said it before, misery loves company ;)

Ok, y'all got me. Never did this "girly exercise" before... How hard can it be?

Doing them between leg press sets:

Set 1: 1.00 Shaking began at 15 seconds... and continued until completion at 1 minute.
Set 2: 1.00 minutes. Shaking began again at 15 seconds, intensified at 30 and was pretty damned intense at 45 seconds but made it to a minute...
Set 3: Fuck set 3, maybe they won't be so hard on back day!

OMG... I know. Only girls do exercises like this! I felt the same way until I found out they were just smarter, lmao.

Last edited:
Iron, so you're coming up on day 7 and passed the 3 min mark, which again is great, can you tell a difference in any way? Idk if it's too soon to notice anything, but do you feel like your core is stronger when you're training? Just curious.

Iron, so you're coming up on day 7 and passed the 3 min mark, which again is great, can you tell a difference in any way? Idk if it's too soon to notice anything, but do you feel like your core is stronger when you're training? Just curious.
I'm not feeling much yet. Probably just too soon.

EMW14 - HAHAHA! Love this! Don't they suck?! ...but good job for being your first time! I'm doing mine later this evening after the gym. So will you be back for more? I've said it before, misery loves company ;)

Well, now that I've posted in this thread I can't very well slink away with any format of dignity, can I?

So yeah, reluctantly. It's funny: long ago, I used to like training abs. I'd do 100 situps every day. Or every day I trained, anyhow, which was usually 6 days a week. Nowadays, I just HATE training abs! I've tried to get into it several times over the last few years and always drop the ball. Maybe this will help get it going again.

OMG... I know. Only girls do exercises like this! I felt the same way until I found out they were just smarter, lmao.

Not only that, but I told my wife about this thread, and about my 2 x 1.00 planks.

She laughed. Heartily. And not just once, either.... LOL!!!

Her trainer, she said, is "the Queen of 'plank'". She (her trainer) has my wife do all kinds of crazy shit from the plank position all the time. So, my wife could probably just hang out in plank position for as long as she felt like it!

Ok, so yesterday didn't go as planned. I was going to do my planks after the gym, but I ended up getting some unsettling news prior to training. I thought I was processing it well enough, but nope... I felt sick all night. I did a few exercises (legs), but ended up resting in the truck while The Dude finished cardio. Needless to say I was in no condition to plank last night, lol! BUT I'm better today so to make up for it I'm going to do 4 sets!! Woohoo! Things are getting crazy in the ab thread!

Not only that, but I told my wife about this thread, and about my 2 x 1.00 planks.

She laughed. Heartily. And not just once, either.... LOL!!!

Her trainer, she said, is "the Queen of 'plank'". She (her trainer) has my wife do all kinds of crazy shit from the plank position all the time. So, my wife could probably just hang out in plank position for as long as she felt like it!
Haha!! That's great! Don't tell her about my times LOL! She's welcome to jump in :)

Day 9 (planks)

I decided to do them on my own since The Dude had a long day today. I'll have him sit in another time. But even without him there to help motivate me, I'm still pretty happy with my times ;)

Set 1 - 1:46 (YAY!!)
Set 2 - 1:08
Set 3 - 1:01
Set 4 - :49

Last edited:
Haha!! That's great! Don't tell her about my times LOL! She's welcome to jump in :)

She won't jump into this... She does conditioning with her trainer 2x per week which includes lots of core work.... I should video them one day - this is all done via Skype - but I know my wife wouldn't appreciate being posted up!

I'm on days today. Gonna try to get the in first thing after I get to work and before the day really gets going.

Ok, 3 sets of planks in this morning:
1: 2:00
2: 2:00
3: 1:30

I guess being laughed at by my darling wife motivated me to do better. :D

Back