My ab challenge!!

As soon as you feel you can get back after it should be fine. The shorter the rest time, the more intense it will be and more stress on the core. However, you have to make sure you keep your lower back healthy.

i will say this in all seriousness, themes is some nice ass titties, not too big, not too small, just right
Ummm thanks Presser, lol... You were on a roll there for a minute with those jokes. I wish I had a good comeback, but I got nothin' LOL

As soon as you feel you can get back after it should be fine. The shorter the rest time, the more intense it will be and more stress on the core. However, you have to make sure you keep your lower back healthy.
And ok, thanks. I'll focus a little more on shortening my rest time. I'm sure I can shave off a few seconds and get closer to what Iron's doing ;)

Have you started to do Vacuums yet? I try to do them in the mornings and things seems to be getting a little tighter. Still look like a 2 liter and not a 6 pack. :)

Silk has been going in to work at 3am and working until 3pm. I think tomorrow is her Friday though so she'll get caught up. She gets down on herself when she isn't on a strict schedule, but I'm sure you guys can imagine the demands on the few remaining hours in her day. Figure 1 hour to and from work and that's 13 hours a day gone. She barely has time to make her food. The puppy wants to see her when she gets home... I feel really bad. This is just temporary and we should be in good shape again in a couple weeks.

When doing a plank, shift your body forward enough so that your elbows are slightly behind your shoulders, or it doesn't count! :shocked:

And ok, thanks. I'll focus a little more on shortening my rest time. I'm sure I can shave off a few seconds and get closer to what Iron's doing ;)
You got it the wrong way around. You don't see any pics of my abs regardless of my plank time, lol.

That is a hard shift to work. Screws with everything. Silk just needs to stay strong and do what you can. Stay strong and kill it when you can!!! Much Respect!!

Silk has been going in to work at 3am and working until 3pm. I think tomorrow is her Friday though so she'll get caught up. She gets down on herself when she isn't on a strict schedule, but I'm sure you guys can imagine the demands on the few remaining hours in her day. Figure 1 hour to and from work and that's 13 hours a day gone. She barely has time to make her food. The puppy wants to see her when she gets home... I feel really bad. This is just temporary and we should be in good shape again in a couple weeks.

I do shift work too. 12 hour rotating shifts: days then nights, then days, etc. Fortunately, I have a little gym at work, so I often get a half asked, and occasionally a good workout in while at work, usually on nights or weekend shifts, depending on the demands of the job. But as a general rule, I work out when I'm off. Makes it tough to be consistent! Gains are sporadic, never continuous. But that's just how it is!

In some ways, I think it may be beneficial, as the body never gets to adapt to a regular training schedule....

I'm back!! Day 7 (planks)

Set 1 - 1:34 (Day 6's was 1:42... I'm going backwards :( maybe due to just training shoulders & being exhausted from working so much(?)
Set 2 - 1:22 (1:10...Really focused on my breathing)
Set 3 - :55 :)54... Hey, at least I improved... even if only for a second, lol)

Thanks for the kind words Guys! I'm going to try and get back to doing this every other day or two. I want to make it to the 3 min mark.

how was your holiday weekend? were you able to stay on track
Work work work... that was my holiday weekend, lol! As far as staying on track, my diets been ok, but due to my job being extremely short staffed (the worst I've seen in 17 years!), Hurricane Hermine last week AND our gym closing early on weekends, I've barely been able to train and just too tired to improve my plank times. Fortunately the weather related stuff is over so I SHOULD be back to my normal training schedule this week. Unfortunately I don't see an end to the crazy work hours and it's starting to wear on me. At 36 I'm obviously not old, but I can't work those crazy hours (3am to 3pm for example) and bounce back like when I was younger. Even with 7-8 hrs of sleep I'm constantly dragging. Oh well, one day at a time and continue to focus on the positives... too much work (+$) vs. not enough work (-$). There are people out there struggling to pay their bill and feed their kids. I thank God we don't have that worry.

Thanks for askin! Hopefully you had a relaxing weekend with your family.

Last edited:
When doing a plank, shift your body forward enough so that your elbows are slightly behind your shoulders, or it doesn't count! :shocked:
I guess I was doing them wrong (but they still count!! LOL). I thought your elbows/shoulders we supposed to be lined up. I tried it your way last night and it did seem more challenging. Maybe that's why I didn't beat my previous time... yeah, I go with that :) Thanks for the tip!

Okay it's day 4 of planks in a little over 2 weeks for me. My goal tonight was just to get to 3 minutes so...
Set 1 3:01
Set 2 1:07

That's it. 1:10 minute rest. Gave out after I hit 3 minutes. Need to work on my 2nd & 3rd sets. Big thanks to SILK for the motivation but it's not over.

Last edited:
I missed a week or so and it hurt my times. I was up to a minute, but last night I could only manage 2 sets of 45 seconds each.

Yeah Ox, same here. I missed about a week too and that really hurt my progress. I was kinda surprised by how much it affected my times. Thank God there's no deadline, right? Lol... Oh well, life is gonna happen and there's no changing that. We just gotta get back on the horse and pick up where we left off.
(That is a saying right? ..."get back on the horse", but I might be confusing that with "falling off the wagon". hmmmm)

Day 8 (planks)

Set 1 - 1:42
Set 2 - 1:04
Set 3 - :57

I swear they're getting harder! It didn't help that my cat kept walking under me and kept distracting me. I'll know for next time to lock him out!

Day 8 (planks)

Set 1 - 1:42
Set 2 - 1:04
Set 3 - :57

I swear they're getting harder! It didn't help that my cat kept walking under me and kept distracting me. I'll know for next time to lock him out!

Yeah I think the cat would have thrown me off too. Not a fan of cats but I love my family so we have several. I'm a dog guy, pitts to be exact but I also like mastiff's but I had one for about 13 years, way before family. He died 2 years ago. Truthfully I can't bring myself to get another. So we (they) have cats, lol.

Back