Bodybuilders, Shut the F*ck Up About Your Steroid Use

Muscle Insider

By Marc Lobliner
CMO Tigerfitness.com

I am all about transparency. We need to be open and honest about what we do. If you’re on steroids, don’t scream from the mountaintop that you’re natural; that’s just disingenuous!

HOWEVER …

What if saying too much is leading kids and young athletes to use steroids because they believe that nothing is possible without drugs? What if we are encouraging kids to use steroids while they are still developing and damaging their long-term health and even rendering them sterile and not able to have children long-term?

I have to admit, before I became a part of Muscular Development, my main issue with the magazine was that it was too focused on drugs and not focused enough on the hard work, sacrifice, diet, training and YEARS to build a champion physique.

Fun Fact: I started my career at Weider Publications representing both FLEX and Muscle & Fitness magazines and would sell against them and my good friend who is still at MD, Angela Frizalone, and use that against them to sell more ads. (Give a brother a break, I have bills to pay!)

Why am I telling bodybuilders to shut the f*ck up if I believe in honesty and not being a complete douchebag?

There is something to be said about naivety. When I was a kid, I thought Arnold was natural. I thought that Mark McGwire was all natty busting dingers 1,000 feet. I thought I could be them.

What did I do about it? I trained my a$$ off. I trained like I was Rocky vs. Drago in “Rocky IV.” I ran miles, I lifted my dumbbells in my room, and I downed my cheap Mega Mass 2,000 I bought from Big 5 Sporting Goods.

And what were the side effects?

I learned work ethic, I surpassed what I thought I could ever accomplish and I became a GREAT athlete in spite of being a giant midget in regard to height.

If I “knew” that I needed steroids to be like them, then I would have never trained that hard and would have never accomplished what I did NATURALLY. I would have either given up or risked my health to get there.

How can we both be honest and not potentially hurt people.

Saying you’re not natural is not the same as listing out your cycle. Just be minimalist, say you’re not natural, and don’t list off the GRAMS of gear that you’re on! Less information, less sensationalism, MORE mystique.

We don’t want a 16-year-old doing an IFBB Pro cycle!

Remember that steroids are illegal, and I assure you that many users take enough and have enough on hand that would go from personal use to “intent to distribute.” The DEA has the Internet, and I am not a legal expert like Rick Collins, but if you are saying that you’re on steroids, an illegal compound, and listing out all you take, would that be probable cause to search your residence as a person who has intent to distribute?

Beats me, but I would hate for anyone to catch a case for Internet clout.

What do you think? Please head over to my Twitter or Instagram @marclobliner and let me know your thoughts! Tweet at me, leave a comment or AT THE LEAST follow me!

One more favor to ask, PLEASE support us at Tigerfitness.com! For ANY of your supplement needs, from creatine to protein to Immortal, the greatest vitamin pack ever created, please support us and shop at Tigerfitness.com. With a West and East Coast warehouse, we are a one- to two-day ship to most places with FREE shipping over $99!

Stay healthy, my friends!

https://www.tigerfitness.com/
Instagram @tigerfitness
Instagram @marclobliner
Twitter @MarcLobliner
YouTube: Tiger Fitness

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMSSUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY
GET OFFICIAL MD STUFFVISIT OUR STORE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

ALSO, MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON:

FACEBOOKTWITTERINSTAGRAM YOUTUBE

507882909-tiger-talk-with-marc-lobliner-slider.jpg.pagespeed.ce_.NyX-xshDb0.jpg

By Marc Lobliner

CMO Tigerfitness.com

I am all about transparency. We need to be open and honest about what we do. If you’re on steroids, don’t scream from the mountaintop that you’re natural; that’s just disingenuous!

HOWEVER …

What if saying too much is leading kids and young athletes to use steroids because they believe that nothing is possible without drugs? What if we are encouraging kids to use steroids while they are still developing and damaging their long-term health and even rendering them sterile and not able to have children long-term?

I have to admit, before I became a part of Muscular Development, my main issue with the magazine was that it was too focused on drugs and not focused enough on the hard work, sacrifice, diet, training and YEARS to build a champion physique.

Fun Fact: I started my career at Weider Publications representing both FLEX and Muscle & Fitness magazines and would sell against them and my good friend who is still at MD, Angela Frizalone, and use that against them to sell more ads. (Give a brother a break, I have bills to pay!)

Why am I telling bodybuilders to shut the f*ck up if I believe in honesty and not being a complete douchebag?

There is something to be said about naivety. When I was a kid, I thought Arnold was natural. I thought that Mark McGwire was all natty busting dingers 1,000 feet. I thought I could be them.

What did I do about it? I trained my a$$ off. I trained like I was Rocky vs. Drago in “Rocky IV.” I ran miles, I lifted my dumbbells in my room, and I downed my cheap Mega Mass 2,000 I bought from Big 5 Sporting Goods.

507882898-screen-shot-2023-04-26-at-11-11-18-am.png.pagespeed.ce_.xzlf4Zr23h.png

And what were the side effects?

I learned work ethic, I surpassed what I thought I could ever accomplish and I became a GREAT athlete in spite of being a giant midget in regard to height.

If I “knew” that I needed steroids to be like them, then I would have never trained that hard and would have never accomplished what I did NATURALLY. I would have either given up or risked my health to get there.

How can we both be honest and not potentially hurt people.

Saying you’re not natural is not the same as listing out your cycle. Just be minimalist, say you’re not natural, and don’t list off the GRAMS of gear that you’re on! Less information, less sensationalism, MORE mystique.

We don’t want a 16-year-old doing an IFBB Pro cycle!

Remember that steroids are illegal, and I assure you that many users take enough and have enough on hand that would go from personal use to “intent to distribute.” The DEA has the Internet, and I am not a legal expert like Rick Collins, but if you are saying that you’re on steroids, an illegal compound, and listing out all you take, would that be probable cause to search your residence as a person who has intent to distribute?

Beats me, but I would hate for anyone to catch a case for Internet clout.

What do you think? Please head over to my Twitter or Instagram @marclobliner and let me know your thoughts! Tweet at me, leave a comment or AT THE LEAST follow me!

One more favor to ask, PLEASE support us at Tigerfitness.com! For ANY of your supplement needs, from creatine to protein to Immortal, the greatest vitamin pack ever created, please support us and shop at Tigerfitness.com. With a West and East Coast warehouse, we are a one- to two-day ship to most places with FREE shipping over $99!

Stay healthy, my friends!

https://www.tigerfitness.com/

Instagram @tigerfitness

Instagram @marclobliner

Twitter @MarcLobliner

YouTube: Tiger Fitness

507882895-img_4593.JPG.pagespeed.ce_.wX0RhnIYeP.jpg

DISCUSS ON OUR FORUMS

SUBSCRIBE TO MD TODAY

GET OFFICIAL MD STUFF

VISIT OUR STORE

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER