T3 cramping - need help

BStrongBwell* said:
sorry I missed this before...

I don't think this is related to water or dehydration. When you have cramps from getting too little water, it's not really about the water, but about the electrolytes that were flushed with the water (sweat, urine, stools) when it left your body. Simply putting the water back is good, but not enough to relieve the symptoms, which include cramping, because that symptom in particular is related to low sodium/potassium levels. Chances are, your diet provides plenty of sodium...so I'd say that is definitely potassium related. Also remember that if you drink TOO MUCH water, you flush out those electrolytes too! So, eat natural sources (potatoes, banannas, spinach, red meat) and supplement with either potassium tabs and.or cook with a potassium chloride salt substitute (NoSalt brand if it is abailable). That should take care of it.

I upped my Kalium (potassium) intake and was just wondering how soon the cramps should go away. On my carb weekend I ate lots of bananas and potatoes as you said and on day one of the low carb week I immediatly ate some steak with some spinach.
I also bought some potassium pills but was wondering just how muc I should take a day? How long should it take before the cramps go away? Tnx!

Last edited:
Back