Started up again Oct 1, 2009

got you back teed.

well, here we go. I just took my first cap of DNP... Im a little scared, i wish i could start at a lower dose but its a cap and i cant split it. They're 250mgs each. its good that i have no TNE, or clen in me today. Its freezing outside already, so not a bad time to start.

well, first impressions... Not bad at all. I know DNP doubles in your system, so you cant go by first impressions. But, What ended up happening is about 30 minutes after I took my first cap, I started getting really hot. Had to take off everything but my shorts. That might have been cause i ate about a cup of rice??? I was loading up for my workout. That was the most carbs i've had in days.....

But anyway, i get to the gym, Was planning on skipping cardio cause i was afraid of getting to hot. But this hot chick that i know was on the stair climber. So i get up next to her and start chatting. I blow through a whole 20 minute cardio routine with a heart rate of 140. Felt awesome... was sweating like i've never sweat before. I was kinda thinking this chick must think im a sweat hog...lol. After the cardio i had to throw on a sweat shirt cause i got the chills. I drank 64oz of water.

Did a fairly normal bench routine. Because of the lack of carbs, the dnp, and the cardio, Im switching things up. Just doing 1 large muscle group a day, or 2 small. I was about the same strength, but my elbows are still bothering me.

good to hear b2c!!

Last night was kinda messed up. My wife and i where going to some german fest for a friends birthday party. I was under the impression all day that we where going to have dinner there. But at the last minute, my wife says, they where eating somewhere else and we needed to eat first. So, i had no time to prepare something. We ate at subway instead. I had a footlong with provolone cheese on wheat bread-so much for cutting carbs.

I was able to not drink. We where stuffed in this corner and i was sweating my balls off. Luckly its already like 40 degrees outside, so i went outside for like 20 minutes. i was cranky, tired and just wanted to leave. Nothing worst than hanging out in some 75 year old, authentic german place and not having a buzz. Everyone was singing that damn music....

Slept ok last night, woke up several times drenched with sweat.

My appetite is still not really there.

8:00 2 scoops of whey protein and 3 cups of coffee.
10:00 normal's lean body meat loaf
12:00 2 scoops of whey protein.
2:00 normal's lean body meat loaf
5:00 2 big bowels of cut fruit (made me feel 100%) better
8:00 2 scoops of whey protein.

I did ok during the swimming. Its a very nice way to get cardio in while on dnp. Specially since afterward, you can just sit in the pool for an additional 10 minutes or so and bring your core temp back down. Unfortunaltey, when i went to do delts and triceps i was just out of gas. I tried really hard to focus, get pumped for each set, but it wasnt there man. The tendons in my forearms are killing me. I made up for the lack of intensity with extra sets and called it a day.

Last edited:
Im at a new level of feeling lethargic. I cant sleep, but i cant do anything either. I dont know if i should eat or what.... i've had 700 cals so far today and im not hungry at all. I dont feel that its the dnp, cause i was loosing my appetite last week. Its just been slowly deteriorating. I think part of it is physiological.... im afraid to eat. I know i need atleast 3000 cals, but how do you achieve that without carbs???

Last edited:
Monday morning weigh in= 254lbs. I havent been this light in a long time. I have lost a lot of puffiness around my face. Its weird cause it feels overnight i lost my double chin. Also, i can see in the mirror that my arms are leaning up.

I had some fruit last night and almost instantly it made me feel better. I was able to atleast get off my lazy ass and take out the garage. Cleaned up a bit. The wife thinks i have the flu..... lol. As soon as the fruit sugar hit me, the heat turned back on... I got really hot. Not unbearable. Actually the only time i feel like DNP is a pain in the ass is when i sleep. I wake up every 3 hours in a pool of sweat. Im actually going to start sleeping with a towel under me.

i did much better today with the weights. After 40 minutes of cardio, i ate an apple and was able to get about 80% of my normal intensity.

6:00am 3 cups of coffee.
8:00 shake with all the stuff in it.
10:00 2 cans of tuna with 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. (dont ask me why i thought this made any sense!)
12:00pm 1 apple
3:00 2 scoops of whey protein.
4:00 1 serving of norm's lean body meatloaf
6:00 1/2 of boiled sausage. (fatty i know, but it was suggested i add more fat).

Last edited:
i feel like some boiled eggs tomorrow.... its awesome not having an appetite!!!!!!!!

today i feel pretty awesome!! had a great night sleep.

I've learned some things. Basically, my fat, carb,and calorie intake is way to low and im going to really start hitting a wall soon unless i can get them back up. so today, Im going to try to consume the following:

fat = 40grams
carbs = >100 grams
calories = ???

havent nailed down the cals yet. But i know i probley need to double what i've been taking in.

6:00 am 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. (fat=0, cals=80, carbs=5, protein=15)
8:00 my shake with all the stuff in it. (fat=5, cals=340, carbs=21, protein=50)
10:00 norm's lean body meatloaf (fat=17,cals=350, carbs=7, protein= 40)
cup of milk (fat=1, cals=100, carbs=13, protein=8)

12:00 norm's lean body meatloaf (fat=17,cals=350, carbs=7, protein= 40)

6:00 top sirloin steak 6oz.(plain) (fat=12,cals=318, carbs=0, protein=47)
2 cups of milk (fat=2, cals=200,carbs=26,protein=16)
1/2 cup of rice. (white-plain) (fat=0,cals=103,carbs=22,protein=4)

im going to hit the pool in about 1/2 hour. Im doing 20 minutes @140bpm. Then later tonight im doing my chest workout. I plan on having a cup of rice at about 6pm, then lift at 8pm. I hear that rice takes longer to digest so giving 2 hours should land me in the sweet spot.

well, its almost 7pm now. Im trying to finish this steak and rice.
Looks like im good on the fat and protein
my carbs are right at 100grams
calories are still just above 1800....wtf???

Last edited:
Hey Norm this is good stuff...

If you need help with the diet PM me or ask me on here...I would help out as much as I possiable can...

You have a good base of muscle to work with...Im not sure you need the DNP right away..I wouldve started out with ECA, then went to T3 and clen, stack before going the route of DNP...But that might give you a kick start on the fat loss process...Best of luck

chris

Maybe i need to switch to a fat body meat loaf cause im only at 1800 cals..... I ate so much today, i though id be set for sure! I did skip 1 meal, cause i got super busy... but man, im stuffed! i dont think i could have eatn much more today.

tomorrow im taking off completely from the gym.

Im also cutting back on the cardio. I think till i get my diet down, i need to start slowing down.

Woke up this morning totally starving!!! its been a week since i've had an appetite. So thats kinda nice cause i was getting worried. I feel like today should be a cheat day, but id rather wait for the weekend. -even though i had a bad start today. (cereal). checked the scale, down another pound, checked the tape, lost 3/4 of an inch at the waist in 6 days.... water? i dont care, i feel sexy!!!

Im going to incorporate what chris250 does and have 1 cheat day every week. my day will be Saturdays.

8:00 am 2 cups of cereal (granola). (fat 4.5, cal 390, carb 68, protein 7.5)
1.5 cups of 1/2% milk (fat 1.5,cal 150, carb 20, protein 8 )
9:00 my shake with all the stuff. (fat=5, cals=580, carbs=21, protein=50)
+ now im adding 2 tbl. spoons
of olive oil.
10:00 wife had surgery today (nothing major) but the doctor was late and food court was closed.
i couldn't leave, so i had to make do with a salad, tuna salad, cup of chicken noodle, and vitawater to drink
so it was a pretty screwed up day for eating. I have no idea what my totals are.
5:00 -im tempted to say this was my cheat day.....
8:00pm 6oz. top sirloin

Last edited:
whooow!! ask and you shall receive. I posted the question how the hell do you keep your carbs down and calories high. Well, once of the suggestions was olive oil. in one table spoon of olive oil, there are 120 calories and zero carbs!!!!

this is why i love this site.

I kept waking up last night every 3 hours or so. No night tremors-never get them when im on, but just kept waking up. I drink a ton of water cause of the dnp, so i always get up and go to the bathroom.

The dnp is really no big deal.... been 5 days at 250mgs. I can tell its there, like if i get pissed about something my temp goes to boiling really fast, night sweats, and of course while doing cardio. But other than that, i can regulate it pretty well. I think if it was summer time, it would be a different story. I wouldn't suggest taking dnp during the summer actually. You'd never get a break from the heat. Right now, if im overheated, i can just step outside and cool down.

Today i had my first kickass workout since i started my diet. Its one of these 5 reasons or a combination. I hope its not do to #1.

1. i had around 200 carbs yesterday??
2. i only did 20 minutes at 130-135bpm during cardio, then hit the weights?
3. I ate an apple 25 minutes prior to workout?
4. I finally got my cals out of the teens?
5. maybe my body is adjusting to super low carbs?

i was planning on sticking to my diet. But i noticed that my carbs where way below 50. So looking at the fact sheet at mr. pita, i thought it would be ok to get a turkey pita. What i didnt notice is it is loaded with sodium. 1099mgs of sodium!!! So i learned a good lesson today.

6am meal 1 6 whole eggs (large eggs) (fat=42, cal=712, carb=6, protein=42)
1 cup of 1/2 % milk (fat=1 , cal=100, carb=13, protein=8)

8am meal 2 8oz chicken thigh (not breast) (fat=5, cal=160, carb=0, protein= 26)

11am 1 cup of apple (during workout) (fat=0, cal=65, carb=17, protein=0)

1pm meal 3 my shake with 3tbs olive oil (fat=5, cals=700, carbs=21, protein=50)

3pm meal 4 6oz sirloin steak (fat=12,cals=318, carbs=0, protein=47)

5pm meal 5 mr. pita 9" turkey (fat=1.3, cals=343, carbs=56, protein=25)

8pm meal 6 6 whole eggs (large eggs) (fat=42, cal=712, carb=6, protein=42)
1 cup of 1/2 % milk (fat=1 , cal=100, carb=13, protein=8)
1 tbl spoon of olive oil. (fat=14,cal=120, carb=0, protein=0)
********************************************************************************
GETTING BETTER!!! daily total= (fat=123, cal=3330,carb=132,protein=248)
********************************************************************************

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about the sodium. With lifting, cardio, and dnp, you'll be sweating enough to need a higher sodium intake. Remember, if you every start cramping up it's an electrolyte imbalance, not just low potassium like people usually think. This can mean that your sodium is too low and you may need to start salting your meals. Personally, the whole "I retain water when I have too much sodium" is a little bs to me. It's like that if you normally don't have much sodium in your diet then suddenly add it in there. Otherwise, if you routinely take in a decent amount, you body should adjust for it and won't retain excess water.

thanks teed!!! I slept great last night, only woke up a few times. Feel really good this morning. Even though i drank a lot of water all day and night, i woke up parched. Im doing legs today (first day in 2 months because of surgery!!) i doubt ill be able to kick ass, but im going to load up on rice before i go.

Got to the gym and had a big lecture with myself in the locker room. Part of me really wanted to take the day off. Then it popped in my head that some great days happened when i felt like shit. I got out there, did some dead lifts- felt awesome! wasnt really that strong, but man its good to do legs, hit leg press, and leg curl, reverse leg curls, then calves! ended up being a damn good day. Came home and im whipped.

Appetite is totally gone again. Im forcing myself to eat my 6 eggs. im having my shake and calling it a night. Thank god tomorrow is my cheat day!!

8:00am meal 1 6 whole eggs (large eggs) (fat=42, cal=712, carb=6, protein=42)
10:00 meal 2 2 scoop protein shake 2bls. (fat=5, cals=580, carbs=21, protein=50)
of olive oil
12:00 meal 3 6oz. of sirloin steak (fat=12,cals=318, carbs=0, protein=47)
1 cup of cooked rice. (fat=0,cals=204,carbs=44,protein=8)
5:00 meal 4 6 whole eggs (fat=42, cal=712, carb=6, protein=42)
8:00 meal 5 2 scoop protein shake 2bls. (fat=5, cals=580, carbs=21, protein=50)
of olive oil
**********************************************************************************
daily total= (fat=106, cals=3106. carbs=98, protein=239)
**********************************************************************************

Last edited:
hell yeah! today is my cheat day!!!

meal 1 a bowel of cereal and 2 waffles with syrup!
meal 2 2 scoops of whey protein powder
meal 3 super big boy with fries and 2 pepsi
meal 4 taco bell (big beef burrito and a grilled chicken burrito.)
3 beers... popcorn.

I decided i want pizza for lunch and maybe mexican for dinner!!! i might go to the bar tonight and have a couple.... not sure just yet.

I will kick ass today on the bench, having a green monster before. Saturdays are my new favorite day of the week!!!!!

wow!! who turned on the heat? about an hour after i ate those carbs im sweating my ass off....

Last edited:
haha keep it civil normal dont wanna lose progress on a crazy night. Stay home you slut prop your feet up and watch some football :)

Back