My log to showtime

mb97

MuscleChemistry Registered Member
I'm going to keep a daily log here, I'm planning on competing sept 8th and then again the following weekend. Both are smaller NPC shows but the quality is usually pretty good.

Today was the first day back after a two week break. I'm refreshed and ready to roll. Hit back this morning at 5:30 am. 18 total sets, no deads but will start including them next week! Have to admit diet was pretty shitty. We had field day today at school and the heat index was 93 most of the day and I had NO appetite! Tomorrow morning I'm cooking 15lbs of chicken for the next week and freezing the rest. I will hit delts and chest too.

5:30 am! You are an animal!!! It is hard to eat in the heat that's for sure. Good luck with your prep!

Good luck bro!!!! These are always my fave threads to read and to start myself. Seeing the transformation is always so motivating....

This will be interesting. Getting ready for a show is serious work. It's pretty much a full time job in and of itself. I took off ALOT of time when I did my show last year.

I get out of school for summer June 1st so I will have plenty of time to put into my prep.
I'm anxious to start dieting again and watch the change.
Sat was delts and chest. Strength definitely was down a little.

Side lats 4 sets 15, 12, 10, 10
Standing bbell press 3 sets last set was a drop
Standing cable side laterals behind back 3 sets of 12
Bbell upright rows 3 sets
2 arm seated Front raises

Cable crossover 2 sets of 12
Flat bench press 4 sets last set was only 255lbs x 8
Hammer incline press 3 sets 8, 8, 8
Pec dec 3 sets 12, 10, 8
Cable crossover 2 sets of 15
Great workout.

I get out of school for summer June 1st so I will have plenty of time to put into my prep.
I'm anxious to start dieting again and watch the change.
Sat was delts and chest. Strength definitely was down a little.

Side lats 4 sets 15, 12, 10, 10
Standing bbell press 3 sets last set was a drop
Standing cable side laterals behind back 3 sets of 12
Bbell upright rows 3 sets
2 arm seated Front raises

Cable crossover 2 sets of 12
Flat bench press 4 sets last set was only 255lbs x 8
Hammer incline press 3 sets 8, 8, 8
Pec dec 3 sets 12, 10, 8
Cable crossover 2 sets of 15
Great workout.

damn June 1st is pretty early, my wife gets done 2-3 weeks into June

Well where are the starting pics. You know, no log is any good without pics...lol (j/k)

anyway, good luck and if you have questions, ask away...cant wait to see the changes

Chris I will get the pics up probably next Monday.
Yesterday was legs. I trained them at my house. Nothing special but it was i am sore as hell!!

Leg ext 4 sets of 20. 80lbs 100lbs 120lbs 130lbs
squats 135x15 185x15 225x10 275x10
Leg press 4 plates each side x 25 5 plates x 20 6 plates x 20 7 plates x 15
lying hamstring curl 4 sets 20, 15, 12, 10

I will up the weight and sets next week for sure but this was a good first leg work out back
Arms 5:30 am tomorrow
diet was pretty good today. I've figured out that while quinoa is a lot healthier is not nearly as filling as Rice is. Ive added a lot more broccoli and spinach to my diet too. Feel a lot better on the insides.

looks good and im with chris...pics! lol. Thats an early wokrout time, holy cow!

Hey Bell, you still having Guy help w/your prep, or are you doing it on your own? It will be fun watching you get ready for a show again. It's been a while. Hope you are getting enough sleep w/that new baby! lol

Yeahp Guy will be helping me again with a couple of my own small modifications. Actually getting pretty good sleep, she's sleeping from 10:15 pm til 4:45ish then eats and goes rt back to sleep til 7ish. It's not too bad! Really glad joined, great group of people here!!

I forgot to add Tuesday's workout on here. I did arms. On my 3rd set of 10 & 10my rt bicep got extremely tender so I took it pretty easy the rest of the workout. Triceps was the same way. Not a lot of weight but higher reps. Great pump! I'll hit back on Friday and plan on deadlifting again. Food has been rt on track this week. Hope to start a little cardio next week too. 3 more weeks til I start my supp regimen. Getting excited!

Friday morning was back. Deadlifts for the first time in 4 months and it felt great. I did 135x15 225x10 2275x10 315x8 315x8, finished up after that with bent over rows 135x10 185x10 205x8 225x8 I also did lat pulls, hammer strength high rows and seated cable rows. I'm freaking sore today!!

Friday morning was back. Deadlifts for the first time in 4 months and it felt great. I did 135x15 225x10 2275x10 315x8 315x8, finished up after that with bent over rows 135x10 185x10 205x8 225x8 I also did lat pulls, hammer strength high rows and seated cable rows. I'm freaking sore today!!

Those are pretty solid numbers considering you havent sone them in 4 months!

Been a few days since I posted. Had a good week of training and diet was much better. Ive gotten in 2 days of 20 min cardio sessions so far. Hope to get another one in tomorrow morning. My new back routine will start on Friday!

Holy shit what a back workout!!! I went ahead and tried tge back workout I posted about early last week. I have to say I've NEVERhurt this bad 12 hours after a workout!!!! My back is already so sore! Not a lot of weight but it did the job.

Lat pulldowns 5 sets. Reps per set 15, 12, 10, 10, 8
Deadlift 135x12 225x10 275x10 315x8 335x8 345x8
Bent over rows 135x12 185x10 205x10 215x10 225x10 235x8
Low pulley rows 2sets of 12
Shrug machine 4 plates each side 3 sets of 15

I can not stress how bad my upper back hurts rt now. Off tomorrow!

I trained delts and chest today. It went really well, after sets of dbell side laterals I did dbells presses and my last set was with the 90s for a solid 9 reps. Moved on to cable side lats behind the back then bbell upright rows with 135 for 3 sets of 12 and finished up with seated front raises 2 sets of 25 for 12. Started with 2 sets of cable crossovers then bench pressed with last two sets of 275 for 6, moved on to dbell incline presses 4 sets, last set was 90s for 10, hammer incline 3 sets wrapped it up with 2 more sets of cable crossovers.

I had two guys Im acquatainces with at the gym tell me I was looking really good and one told me I should do the Europa. Lol I just told him that was show was too tough for me so I would just have to wait. It definitely helped the old confidence a little. Legs tomorrow morning at 7:15 am here at the house. May video a few things if I'm feeling good.

Back