My log to showtime

My supps are very minimal right now, I will add to them a little Monday but nothing major til the 8 week out mark.

Today was back and it was awesome.
Lat pulls with a dropset on the last set
Deads 135x12 225x10 315x10 365x8 405x6
low pulleys 4 sets
v bar pulldowns 3 sets
bent over bbell rows 3 sets
shrugs 3 sets on smith machine
3 sets dbell shrugs

did my 40 min on ellipitical after my workout since my morning cardio got jacked up. it wasn't pleasant with my lower back being so tight. I will do delts and chest tomorrow along with another 40 min of cardio.I feel great!!!

Last edited:
IMO I would be doing cardio twice a day at least 45 min each right now. Bro, you got some belly fat that has got to go!

Yes I know I do Nuk. Tge last 3 times I've dieted everything on my body was striated 2-3 weeks out and I barely had a 6 pack. I'm getting with Guy Sunday night and getting a new game plan. Im 11 weeks out tomorrow and haven't started any fat loss supps yet. If I hadn't competed 3 other times and I didnt know my body I would be freaking out. it will come off in plenty of time. Thx for your chxing out my log and your comments.

Yes I know I do Nuk. Tge last 3 times I've dieted everything on my body was striated 2-3 weeks out and I barely had a 6 pack. I'm getting with Guy Sunday night and getting a new game plan. Im 11 weeks out tomorrow and haven't started any fat loss supps yet. If I hadn't competed 3 other times and I didnt know my body I would be freaking out. it will come off in plenty of time. Thx for your chxing out my log and your comments.

Well thats good to know that you have been through this before, let us know what changes take place.

Voting 45 min of cardio this morning.
Trained legs today and it felt great.
4 sets of 25 on leg ext
Supersetted smith machIne squats with leg press with my feet high and together to hit my tear drop
I did 5 sets of these then went back over and I got one more regular set of squats on the smith machine 365x8
Lunges 3 sets of 20
Abbductor machine 4 sets 20
Horizontal leg press 2 sets of 20 with feet high (really hits my glute/hammy tie ins)
Lying hamstrings curls 3 sets of 12 and they started cramping so I went over and knocked 6 sets of calves

I'll hit hammys and calves hard wed.

Well I've decided to make a small change in my prep. I'm just under 11 weeks out and feeling really good. Guy has been a good friend of mine for three years now, and I know how hard he is works to be the best professional bber he can. He has offered to help me with my prep numerous times but I don't think it would be the best thing for either of us. My show is the the same night as the Olympia so the last few days I would hate to bother him with him with my prep stuff. Anyway, I'm going to use one of my best friends here in Dallas. He's been around the sport a long time and knows his shit. He's agreed to listen to some of ideas I want to try, like using quinoa instead of rice, and keeping a little more fat in my diet (for now) than what would be normal for most. I know myself and my body pretty well. He did tell me I should add in an extra 30 min cardio session 3 times a week at night for now, which I'm fine with. I switched to quinoa on Friday and I can already tell the difference in my waistline, guessing a lot of water. Quinoa is great because it doesn't make you hold hardly any water. I'll post pics the next couple of days. Anyway should be an interesting next 10 weeks!

Trained arms this morning. It was probably my hardest arm workout in a long time. I got in my 2nd cardio session in tonight but only got to 23 min in be ause my legs were cramping. They are still so sore from yesterday's leg workout.

I've also decided to change up my training split a little too. Instead of training each body part every 7 days I'm going to try to get everything in every 5 days except for legs which will stay every Sunday.

So with that being the new plan tomorrow I'm off and then delts and chest will be Wed.

Log looks really good mb! Im like you bro, I can wait a little longer and still get striated, granted its been years, but if i was to start as early as alot of other guys i would be ready and waiting way too early and actualy been there and it sucked!

however im sure right now it would take me forever if i wanted to get on stage and i would prolly start super ealry since its been so long

anyhow looking good brutha, cant wait for the real detail to start showing, see what ya got daddio

Thx for chxing in presser. It's weird rt now, I have crazy striations in my quads and tris already but still have quite a bit of belly fat! It's coming off day by day though.

Didn't train today, scheduled off day. My baby girl got her 2 month shots this morning and they messed her up pretty good! She was really feeling bad all afternoon but she went to bed as usual so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I got in 45 min this morning and another 30 tonight on the treadmill. I'm walking at 3.8 mph at 7% incline. Legs are pretty tired but no big deal. I have delts and chest tomorrow!! Can't wait to get in the gym, loving every second of gym time rt now!

Thx for chxing in presser. It's weird rt now, I have crazy striations in my quads and tris already but still have quite a bit of belly fat! It's coming off day by day though.

Didn't train today, scheduled off day. My baby girl got her 2 month shots this morning and they messed her up pretty good! She was really feeling bad all afternoon but she went to bed as usual so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I got in 45 min this morning and another 30 tonight on the treadmill. I'm walking at 3.8 mph at 7% incline. Legs are pretty tired but no big deal. I have delts and chest tomorrow!! Can't wait to get in the gym, loving every second of gym time rt now!

As you know its always last to go! Im so poetic!

Rite on mb..keep up the ass bustin workouts .. Kids from school will trip out when you show and tell pictures of health and what people can accomplish with a strong mind.. Keep postin bro.lookin great..

Wow! I haven't posted in 3 days, my bad guys. Ive gone to my new training split and I think in really going to like it. I was off Tuesday, then trained delts and chest wed, back Thursday, and arms Friday off today (sat) legs Sunday. I'll see how I feel Monday morning, I may train delts and chest then or wait one more day. I know I'm recovering really well rt now so Ill probably go ahead and hit it hard on Monday. It seems like the days that I don't train are tge really hard ones for me and they are forever long!!!! I have my son starting yesterday til next Sat so of course we will be going and doing with him but I will make sure everything stays on track!! I'm going to see my sister and her family today do I'm looking forward to that! I'll take pics tomorrow. 10 weeks out today!

Long day yesterday, did my 45 min of cardio then went to see an old friend and her family. We swam with the kids and watched everyone eat amazing looking food. Lol I held strong though and got all my meals in. By the time we got home I was exhausted!!! I didn't get my 2nd session of cardio in but I'm only suppose to do it 5 days this week.
Got up feeling good and refreshed so I did an extra 15 min for a total of an hour. We are taking my son to the the water park today do going to be another tiring day. I'll hit legs In the morning!

Well this prep just got hard. I talked with the Bob, the guy that's going to help me, last night and we both agree it's time to make some changes. So I'm now doing 2 straight days with half as many carbs as I am now then 1 "high carb day" then two more lower carb days. Cardio stays tge same with 45 in the AM and 30 in the pm.
Training legs at 8:30 am this morning.

Started my new diet today. I'll write it down for you as I go through today. I also had a great leg session this morning.

6:45 Meal 1 (after 45 min of cardio) 50 grams of whey 1/2 cup of oatmeal
9:30 Post workout 50 grams of whey
10:30 Meal 2 10 oz of chicken 4 oz baked potato
1:30 Meal 3 10 oz of chicken 1/2 cup of brown rice hand full of spinach
4:30. Meal 4 10 oz of chicken 1/2 cup of brown rice 5 broccoli heads
7:00. Meal 5 10 oz of talipia 1/4 cup of brown rice 4 brocolli heads
9:00. Cardio 30 min
9:30. Meal 6 10 oz of talipia 5 broccoli heads

Last edited:
The last couple of days have been pretty rough for me with the prep. It's not the food or the cardio or anything like that, in fact this has been an extremely easy prep so far. It's my family to be honest. I have a 4 year old son with my exwife who I have joint custody of and this is my week to have him. Usually I'm all about HIM when I have him but the last couple of days I've caught myself not being the type of dad I want to be, that goes the same for my baby girl. I LOVE this sport more than anything else athletically I've done in my life but I just feel like its interfering too much with my family life, which means more than anything to me. So I'm going to quit (FUCK I HATE that word) my prep. I just don't feel like its fair to my family to put them on the back burner for another 10 weeks for something that doesn't gain me anything financially. So I'm done with this log and done thinking about the stage for a while, there's just more important stuff to me right now.

I have learned a lot more about my body and plan to use what I have learned over tge last 5 weeks to grow and make even greater gains. Thanks a lot to everyone who stopped by this log and gave their .02!

The last couple of days have been pretty rough for me with the prep. It's not the food or the cardio or anything like that, in fact this has been an extremely easy prep so far. It's my family to be honest. I have a 4 year old son with my exwife who I have joint custody of and this is my week to have him. Usually I'm all about HIM when I have him but the last couple of days I've caught myself not being the type of dad I want to be, that goes the same for my baby girl. I LOVE this sport more than anything else athletically I've done in my life but I just feel like its interfering too much with my family life, which means more than anything to me. So I'm going to quit (FUCK I HATE that word) my prep. I just don't feel like its fair to my family to put them on the back burner for another 10 weeks for something that doesn't gain me anything financially. So I'm done with this log and done thinking about the stage for a while, there's just more important stuff to me right now.

I have learned a lot more about my body and plan to use what I have learned over tge last 5 weeks to grow and make even greater gains. Thanks a lot to everyone who stopped by this log and gave their .02!

Its not QUITTING when it comes to family bro. Its LIFE. I wouldnt consider it QUITTING thats for sure, takes a bigger man to be a dad then it does to get on stage, so you have my respect for seeing the situation for how it really is and making this decision!

Mb its a wise choice and isn't at all quiting bro . Excellent post and that alone is dedication to the sport to even share with people thinking how easy it is to be comp ready. Enjoy life and live it to the fullest..!

Back